Sean McDermott says Buffalo Bills still deciding second startin

#1 von panxing18 , 12.12.2018 03:41

g cornerback When the Buffalo Bills inked veteran cornerback Vontae Davis to a one-year contract this offseason Authentic Kelvin Benjamin Jersey , most presumed that he would be the starting corner opposite Tre’Davious White. When the Bills followed that move by adding Phillip Gaines, also signing him to a one-year contract, and drafting Taron Johnson, most assumed that those two players would compete for the top gig as Buffalo’s slot corner.Now, it seems that head coach Sean McDermott has added an additional wrinkle to the competition. On Monday, he said that the coaching staff is “still working through” the competition between Davis and Gaines for the starting outside corner job. Davis’ one-year contract worth $5 million dollars for this season. His cap hit ($4,312,500) is the ninth-highest on the bills’ current roster. In contrast, Gaines’ one-year deal is worth $880,000 this offseason. Thanks to the veteran’s minimum exception, Gaines only countsfor $720,000 this year. McDermott has praised Gaines for his ability to play both inside and outside corner, and Gaines has been used in both roles thus far in Buffalo. Davis is exclusively an outside corner, and he has struggled at times, but especially against the Cincinnati Bengals, where he allowed a long touchdown pass from Andy Dalton to John Ross in the first quarter. While having both players is most beneficial to the team, it will be interesting to see what comes of this competition. Davis is making an awful lot of money to be a backup, and at this point in his career Womens LeSean McCoy Jersey , it’s unlikely that he would be content with the role. However, if Gaines is the superior player, than the coaching staff has to play him, regardless of finances or feelings. Either way, there is at least one more positional battle still up for grabs heading into Buffalo’s week one showdown against the Baltimore Ravens. Josh Allen is the Buffalo Bills’ leading fantasy football scorer in 2018, but he is coming off an absolutely awful week. Even including Allen, who is currently the 25th-highest scoring quarterback in fantasy football, there are almost zero Buffalo Bills players who are worthy of starts in fantasy football.Why suggest some, then? Well, every once in a while, there comes a matchup where a Buffalo player may not only be in the right place at the right time, but he may be primed for a breakout. In this week’s matchup against a strong Tennessee Titans team, there are at least a few Bills who are worth a look in deeper fantasy leagues.Here are some plays that could either turn out really well or leave you looking like the ultimate Buffalo fantasy homer.WR Zay JonesThis is a weird feeling, I’ll admit. I don’t think Jones is a terrific receiver. I have played the hindsight game multiple times, wishing the Bills had drafted Cooper Kupp, or Alvin Kamara, or virtually anyone other than Jones. However, someone has to catch passes from Josh Allen Womens Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , and seeing as the Bills’ nominal number one receiver, Kelvin Benjamin, would struggle to catch a cold right now, I feel like Jones is the better play. He only has 17 targets on the season, and he’s caught 10 passes for 144 yards. 57 of those yards came on one reception. I think the game plan has to change in order to minimize Josh Allen’s limitations in reading defenses, and Jones thrived in a quick-strike, bubble-screen oriented offense at East Carolina. If the Bills are going to salvage their season, using Jones on quick throws against the Titans could be a great way to maintain possession and jump start their moribund offense. QB Josh AllenHe was awful last week, scoring 3.94 fantasy points on the day. I made the mistake of following my own advice by adding Allen...and dropping Mitchell Trubisky in the process. This week, however, is another opportunity for Buffalo’s rookie to showcase his skills. The roller coaster effect is going to continue with Allen as he continues to adjust to the level of play. While he may not be the safest play at quarterback, he may be worth a roll of the dice if your starter is on a bye or you don’t have an elite passer.TE Charles ClayThe Bills finally remembered that they had Clay on the roster last week. Josh Allen targeted Clay six times, which doubled his previous season-high for a game. While he only managed 4 catches for 40 yards on the day, that’s still a decent enough line for a tight end, especially in PPR leagues. If Clay produces a similar line next week, he only needs to find the end zone in order to turn the line into a magnificent one.

panxing18  
panxing18

Keion Crossen spent most of Saturday doing what all NFL bubble
2018 season got off to a mixed start this evening as the pre

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz