TORONTO -- Canadian lightweight T. [url=http://www.airjordan1canada.com/]Air Jordan 1 Canada[/url] .J. Grant, twice denied a sho

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 05.01.2019 06:48

TORONTO -- Canadian lightweight T. Air Jordan 1 Canada .J. Grant, twice denied a shot at the UFC lightweight title due to a concussion, has not been forgotten, says UFC president Dana White. Grant (21-5) was originally due to fight Benson (Smooth) Henderson in August. But he was replaced by Anthony (Showtime) Pettis after being sidelined by a concussion in training. Pettis took advantage of his opportunity, submitting Henderson in the first round to win the championship belt. The UFC had hoped Pettis would make his first title defence in December against Grant in Sacramento. But the 29-year-old from Cole Harbour, N.S., said this week via Twitter that he was still feeling the effects of the concussion. "Its one of those unfortunate things that can happen in a contact sport," White said Thursday when asked about Grant. "Were not going anywhere. The kids just got to take his time, heal up, and relax and well see what happens." Pettis, Carlos (The Natural Born Killer) Condit and Chuck (The Iceman) Liddell all went through the same kind of wait for their title shots, White added. The UFC boss also noted how a knee injury knocked bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz off the UFC 148 card, costing him a lucrative piece of the pay-per-view. "That kid lost his lottery ticket," White said. "These things happen. bad things happen like this. Its part of the sport. Theres nothing you can do about it." Grant earned his title shot by knocking out Gray (The Bully) Maynard in May at UFC 160. "It sucks but it is the best for both myself and the UFC. Please dont worry," the fighter said via Twitter of his latest injury setback. Grant, ranked third among lightweight contenders, has won five straight since dropping down to 155 pounds from welterweight. "The belts going to be there no matter who has the belt," White said. "It will be there and well figure the T.J. Grant thing out when T.J. Grants healthy." The December title shot has been given to No. 5 Josh Thompson. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Canada Sale . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Air Jordan 1 Cheap Sale . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. http://www.airjordan1canada.com/ . Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match.CALGARY -- Unlike her two previous Olympic Games, Mellisa Hollingsworth heads to Sochi, Russia, less of a favourite and more an underdog. Shes fine with that. Hollingsworth, from Eckville, Alta., joined Sarah Reid and John Fairbairn of Calgary and Eric Neilson of Kelowna, B.C., as the first skeleton racers named to Canadas 2014 Olympic team Wednesday. Another man and woman may be added to the skeleton team in January. Reid, Fairbairn and Neilson are Olympic rookies. The 33-year-old Hollingsworth says her third Winter Games will be her last and she does not intend to bow out quietly. "Im definitely ready to step up to the plate," she declared. "Im still striving. Im not there to participate, Ill tell you that." Hollingsworth owns over 30 world championship and World Cup medals. The last time many Canadians saw her, Hollingsworth was tearfully apologizing on national television for finishing fifth in the 2010 Winter Olympics. Hollingsworth won a bronze medal in 2006, so the pressure to win a medal at home was enormous. Heading to Sochi, shes felt empowered by Canadians reactions to her public despair almost four years ago. "I feel a lot stronger from that experience," she said. "A lot of that has come from Canadas support of people not throwing me under the bus for not winning a medal at those Olympics. "That was a big eye-opener to know people are still behind you because of your character and not necessarily your result. Thats my definition of success right there." Hollingsworth was informed Sunday by head coach Duff Gibson, the 2006 Olympic mens champion, that she was going to Sochi. She won silver at the 2012 world championship, but felt short of the criteria for automatic nomination to the 2014 Olympic team. Reid and Neilson both met the standard of four top-six World Cup results last season and in the first half of this season. Fairbairn earned Canadas second male spot because he is currently Canadas top-ranked male in the spot. Hollingsworth ranked No. 2 among Canadian women behind Reid to earn the second female berth. "Sure, its not the way I came in every other Olympic year kind of on fire and leading the World Cup standings, but then again at those Olympics Games I didnt achieve what we thought I could," Hoollingsworth explained. Cheap Air Jordan 1 Canada. . "I won an Olympic medal in Torino, but I was expected to win gold. Same thing in Vancouver." Canada had to rank among the top two countries in womens skeleton and in the top three in mens skeleton on Jan. 19 in order to qualify a third sled for both sexes. Defending Olympic mens champion Jon Montgomery was not among the group introduced Wednesday at a Calgary mall theatre. The Russell, Man., slider faces an uphill climb to claim the third mens berth should Canada get it. Montgomery took the 2011-12 season off from racing to build a new sled from scratch, but has yet to adjust to it and his results have suffered. Cassie Hawrysh of Brandon, Man., and Robynne Thompson of Calgary are in the running for the possible third position on the womens team. Reid, a bronze medallist at the 2013 world championship, and the experienced Hollingsworth are Canadas best chances to continue the countrys run of Olympic medals in the sport. Hollingsworth also tried a new sled this season that did not work for her. She didnt qualify at fall selection trials for Canadas World Cup team and opened the season on the secondary Intercontinental Cup circuit. When she had the opportunity to race a recent World Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., Hollingsworth got back on the sled shed been on for a decade and a half and finished eighth. "I was doing everything possible to get on some new equipment and get onto that state of flow on a new sled and it just did not work for me," she explained. "I spent 15 years of my life learning the ins and outs of that sled that its become an appendage, another part of my body. I went to Lake Placid and felt like me again. This is the first time since the world championships in 2012 that Ive been this confident or this comfortable on my sled." For that reason, shes hoping to build momentum in the four World Cup races before the Sochi Games in February. "Im the strongest and the fastest Ive ever been," Hollingsworth said. "Im pushing a sled very, very well and now Im confident in my sled that I have, the old sled and knowing it can still go fast. "Ive got four more opportunities to see where things can go result-wise, but it really doesnt matter. What matters is Sochi." China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

SACRAMENTO, Calif. [url=http://www.officialsanfrancisco49ersfootball.com/authentic-mike-mcg linchey-jersey-womens]Mike McGlinchey
SALT LAKE CITY -- One possession changed the game for No. [url=http://www.wholesaleadidasshoes.com/]Adidas Wholesale China[/url]

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz