MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating champion

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 19.02.2019 04:49

MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating championships. Air Max Plus Free Shipping . Three weeks after winning gold in the 1,500 metres at the Sochi Olympics, Hamelin did it again Friday as he cruised to the win in the opening event at the Maurice Richard Arena. The 1,500 used to be the weakest event for the Ste-Julie, Que., skater, but now he seems to own the distance as he easily finished ahead of Han Tianyu of China and bronze medallist Park Se Yeong of South Korea. Earlier this week, the 29-year-old Hamelin announced that he will continue to skate at least four more years until the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea. "In the 1,500 metres, every time I go on the podium now it proves that the work Ive done in the last four years has really paid off," he said. "Its proof that Im improving year after year. "Thats a big part of why I wanted to continue for four more years. You can see Im still strong. After a big event like Sochi, I was able to come back and refocus on what I need to do here. Im ready." Now he hopes to avoid the bad luck that followed his Olympic gold. In Sochi, he inexplicably fell in the heats of both the 500 and 1,000-metre events, dashing his hopes of sweeping the individual distances. He said the world championships are different because, instead of waiting a day or two between skates like at the Olympics, he will be back on the track Saturday for the 500 metres and the mens relay heats and again on Sunday for the 1,000, the 3,000, and, he hopes, the relay final. "Momentum is a big part of it and right now, its on my side," he said. "I had a great race and I know Im strong in the 500 and 1,000 metres." Hamelins goal is to win the overall title, which goes to the skater who does best cumulatively in the individual events. He has come second for that honour twice, but has never won it. He said the first rule is to avoid a disqualification in any race. The large crowd of mostly school children in the stands was worried that might happen when, halfway through the race, Hamelin nearly crashed into a South Korean. He managed to stay upright and then pass Han on the final lap to claim the win. Race officials did not call a foul. "He passed me on the outside and came back really quickly in front of me," said Hamelin. "He was one or two centimetres from hitting my blades. "It could have been a disaster for me, but I was able to control myself and not push too hard or lose too much speed. For him, the race was kind of over. It was a scary moment in the race." Hamelins biggest rival in recent years, five-time overall world champion Victor An of Russia, formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo of South Korea, never mounted a challenge and finished fourth. An won three golds and a bronze in Sochi. Wu Dajing of China was fifth ahead of South Koreans Lee Han-Bin and Sin Da Woon. Olivier Jean of Lachenaie, Que., and Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., were eliminated in the semifinals. South Korea swept the podium in the womens 1,500. Shim Suk Hee finished first ahead of Kim Alang and Park Seung-Hi. Valerie Maltais of La Baie, Que., was caught at the finish line by Park and settled for fourth. Marianne St-Gelais lost in the semifinals while Marie-Eve Drolet was beaten in the heats and was classified 22nd. Cheap Air Max Plus . - The Mavericks built a 12-point lead with 2:50 to play, gave away all but two points of it, and still managed to hang on. Discount Air Max Plus . Dallas also Monday recalled defenceman Aaron Rome from his conditioning assignment with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League and assigned goaltender Jack Campbell to the AHL squad. http://www.clearanceairmaxplus.com/ . Sijsling, ranked 74th in the world, was leading 6-0, 4-1 when his Italian opponent called it quits after just 39 minutes on court. In a match pitting together two qualifiers, Michal Przysiezny of Poland defeated local favourite Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) for only his second Tour win of the season.LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings will try to avoid their longest losing streak in over six years on Saturday night when they open up a homestand against the Vancouver Canucks. The Canucks are a solid 10-2-2 in their last 14, but are coming off a 4-2 setback to the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday. Brad Richardson and Zac Dalpe scored in the Canucks second straight loss, while Eddie Lack yielded all four goals on 33 shots as Vancouver put forth a performance that disappointed head coach John Tortorella. "It was our worst game of the year," Tortorella said. "We deserved to lose that one. I just think it was a game that we were out of sorts, out of sync, and it wasnt just one particular guy. It was the whole team." Lack made his third straight start since Roberto Luongo suffered a lower-body injury on Dec. 22. However, Luongo will return to action after Vancouver sent goaltender Joacim Eriksson back to the American Hockey League on Thursday. Luongo is 14-10-5 with a 2.33 goals against average and three shutouts in his career versus the Kings, while Lack has faced them just once before in relief on Nov. 9, stopping 13-of-14 shots faced. The Kings have won the two previous meetings between the clubs tthis season and have split their last six at home versus the Canucks. Air Max Plus Clearance. . The Kings have dropped five straight in regulation, capping a winless four- game road trip with Thursdays 5-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues. Martin Jones got the start between the pipes for Los Angeles, but was pulled in the second period after allowing two goals on 14 shots. Ben Scrivens stopped only nine of the 12 shots he faced in relief. "Were down on ourselves, but we cant be," said Kings defenseman Drew Doughty. "We need to pick ourselves up. We need to get that confidence back." After allowing just eight goals in winning the first eight starts of his NHL career, Jones has yielded seven goals in three straight losses. Scrivens, meanwhile, has not won since Dec. 2, losing three straight starts, as the duo is slumping in place of the injured Jonathan Quick. There is a good chance that Quick will return tonight from a strained groin that has sidelined him since Nov. 12. The Kings now begin a five-game homestand on their longest losing streak since dropping five in a row from Dec. 3-13, 2011. A loss tonight would give Los Angeles its longest skid since it dropped eight in a row from Dec. 12-26, 2007. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating champion
become the first wild car

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz