The hot Calgary Flames look to continue their torrid starts

#1 von douhua2233 , 26.02.2019 03:34

The hot Calgary Flames look to continue their torrid starts when they take the ice against the Vegas Golden Knights on Friday afternoon at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.The Flames became the fourth team in NHL history and the first in nearly 30 years to score five or more goals in consecutive first periods in Wednesday’s 6-3 win over the Winnipeg Jets in Calgary. The Flames also scored five times against visiting Vegas on Monday in a 7-2 win.The St. Louis Blues were the last team to accomplish the feat in November 1989.Article continues below ...“We’ve got three (wins) in a row right now and I think everyone in our locker room feels great Markus Granlund Jersey ,” said Flames goaltender David Rittich, who has won five straight.Calgary (13-8-1) moved back into first place in the Pacific Division. Vegas (10-12-1) is sixth in the division after Wednesday’s 3-2 overtime win at Arizona.Vegas left winger Max Pacioretty gave the Golden Knights the win, scoring his fourth goal in the last three games. Vegas completed its three-game road trip with four points.“I had just hopped on the ice,’ Pacioretty told the Las Vegas Review-Journal of his goal. “I saw Shea (Theodore) had some speed against some flat-footed defensemen. He put it on net and I just pounced on the rebound.”Theodore split the defense and put a shot on Arizona goaltender Darcy Kuemper that came off long and Pacioretty backhanded it back through Kuemper’s pads.Tomas Nosek also scored, and Marc-Andre Fleury had 19 saves for Vegas. The Golden Knights outshot the Coyotes 5-0 in overtime.Pacioretty http://www.canucksshoponline.com/authentic-michael-del-zotto-jersey , who turned 30 on Tuesday, had two goals in the game, the third straight game in which he has scored.“We’re really happy,” coach Gerard Gallant said of Pacioretty’s recent play. “He’s one of those guys who when he puts the puck in the net, he gets confidence and feels better about himself. He definitely did that tonight.”Calgary left winger Sam Bennett is also thriving Sam Gagner Jersey , especially with his recent increased playing time.Bennett scored the go-ahead goal and added an assist in Calgary’s win over Winnipeg on Wednesday.Elevated to the second line alongside Matthew Tkachuk and Mikael Backlund to start the four-game home stand, the 2014 fourth overall pick remains in that spot. The move helped Calgary win three of the four games played at the Flames’ Scotiabank Saddledome.“I’ve wanted this opportunity for a while and I said I’d make the most of it. I’m not going to let my foot off the pedal now,” Bennett told reporters after the win over Winnipeg. “The confidence is definitely pretty good right now. I feel confident in my plays and I’m able to make plays and not be scared to make mistakes. It’s a great feeling.”Added Tkachuk: “(Bennett’s) playing awesome right now. I love how heavy and physical he’s been. He’s creating more space for myself and (Backlund), but he’s creating more space for himself as well. You saw his speed on that breakaway in the third.” DETROIT — The New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings are both rebuilding but have played well in their past few games.Detroit hosts New York Friday night at Little Caesars Arena at 7:30.The Rangers (7-7-1) have won four straight and the Red Wings (5-8-2) have four victories in their past five games. Also each team won Tuesday night after trailing by two in the second period. New York beat Montreal 5-3 at Madison Square Garden and Detroit defeated Vancouver 3-2 in a shootout at LCA.Article continues below ...The Rangers trailed the Canadiens 3-1 with less than three minutes left in the second, but defenseman Tony De Angelo scored late in the middle period and right winger Pavel Buchnevich Sven Baertschi Jersey , defenseman Neal Pionk and center Mika Zibanejad (short-handed) scored in the third.“They definitely had the momentum … we were able to reset going into the third,” defenseman Marc Staal said.That was also New York’s second consecutive win after winning twice in California. Because of the time difference, teams usually struggle in their first game or two back from a west coast trip. The Rangers won 3-2 in a shootout in Anaheim last Thursday night.“I love how we responded coming back from the trip and we win two hockey games here,” Rangers coach David Quinn said. “It says a lot.”Said Staal: “We’re on a bit of a roll. With wins comes confidence, finishing games.”The Red Wings trailed the Canucks 2-0 in the second period on Tuesday night. Forward Justin Abdelkader’s power-play goal in the second made it 2-1 and Gustav Nyquist’s tied it early in the third period. Center Dylan Larkin scored the only goal of the shootout.“I think part of resilient is guys stepping and making plays at big moments Alex Tuch Jersey Kids ,” Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said. “And for a goaltender, it’s just making a whole bunch of saves and I thought Howie (goalie Jimmy Howard) was a big difference that way.”Howard made 40 saves against Vancouver and stopped all three shooters in the shootout.The Red Wings seem like a totally different team than the one that began the season 1-7-2.“Well … we’re bending not breaking I guess,” Howard said. “Early in the season when stuff started to go wrong the body language was off and things really exploded on us and now guys are continuing to keep working.”Detroit is expected to get two forwards back from injury on Friday. Andreas Athanasiou (leg) and center Frans Nielsen (concussion) are expected to return after they each missed four games.Larkin practiced Thursday after missing practice on Wednesday to recover from a minor injury suffered late in Tuesday night’s game. He will play on Friday night.It will be the second NHL game this season for Rangers center Lias Andersson, the seventh overall pick in the 2017 NHL Draft. Andersson was recalled from Hartford for the game Tuesday against Montreal and played 12:17 on a line between Jimmy Vesey and Jesper Fast.New York assigned forward Boo Nieves to Hartford of the American Hockey League on Thursday.

douhua2233  
douhua2233

www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com
www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz