SAN DIEGO -- Bronson Arroyo figures the Arizona Diamondbacks rotten start has got to turn around at some point. [url=http://www.

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 13.03.2019 04:56

SAN DIEGO -- Bronson Arroyo figures the Arizona Diamondbacks rotten start has got to turn around at some point. Nike Air Max Schoenen Kopen . "I mean, I dont think well play 9-22 every 31 games," Arroyo said after he and two relievers combined to hold the punchless San Diego Padres to three hits in a 2-0 victory Friday night in a matchup of the bottom two teams in the NL West. Aaron Hill provided Arroyo with all the backing he needed with a two-run single off Andrew Cashner in the third inning. "We put ourselves in a huge hole, especially in this division with two teams that are pretty potent, so its going to be a long season no matter how you cut it because were going to fighting uphill the whole way," Arroyo said. "Who knows where its going to end up." The Diamondbacks finally hit double digits in wins, but still have the worst record in the majors -- 10-22. They came in with the worst ERA, 5.20. The Padres came with a .217 batting average, worst in the NL and second-worst in the majors. It was the first shutout for the Diamondbacks. The Padres were shut out for the fifth time, tying them with Atlanta for the big league lead. But the 37-year-old Arroyo, in his 15th big league season, was sharp. Arroyo (2-2) allowed three singles in seven innings, struck out six and walked one. He is 4-0 with a 1.54 ERA in his last five starts against San Diego. He didnt allow a hit until Yonder Alonso singled to right with one out in the fifth. Until then, the only baserunner was leadoff batter Everth Cabrera, who reached in the first when Arroyo couldnt handle a chopper for an error. Arroyo then proceeded to get 13 straight outs, including when Seth Smith grounded into an inning-ending double play in the first. "They ran a lot of lefties at me as usual and I got the chance to take advantage of their aggressiveness in the outer half," Arroyo said. "They hit a lot of ground balls to second base. I had a little more zip tonight. I felt a little bit better. It makes a difference for me when I can get the ball up there 88, 89. Once in a while, make them respect some of my other stuff a bit more." Padres starter Andrew Cashner had a bad third inning. He loaded the bases on a single and two walks, and then allowed Hills two-run single to left with two outs. "It was nice to have a smooth one from front to back," Arroyo said. "Get a couple of runs off a tough pitcher and be able to hold the lead was definitely the way you want to start a road trip." Arizonas Kirk Gibson, who won his 300th game as manager, said Arroyo "has been trending toward throwing the ball better and better, and it was the best stuff hes had all year tonight. We saw it from all arm slots; keeping the ball down when he wanted the ball down. I think he hit 90 mph one time." Padres manager Bud Black said Arroyo "has been doing it for a long time. He got back to the form that made him tough." San Diegos Alexi Amarista reached third with two outs in the fifth before being stranded when rookie Jace Peterson grounded out. The Padres had runners on the corners with two outs in the seventh before Peterson again grounded out. Addison Reed pitched the ninth for his seventh save in eight chances. Cashner (2-4) allowed two runs and four hits in six innings, struck out one and walked three. "I didnt think I did a very good job of a lot of stuff," Cashner said. "But I felt like I kept the team in the game, gave us a chance to win. The spot with the bases loaded, I cant hang a slider." NOTES: Arizonas Ender Inciarte, recalled from Triple-A on Wednesday, singled to left in the ninth for his first big league hit. He made his first start, in CF. ... Padres LF Carlos Quentin, who started the season on the disabled list with a bone bruise in his left knee, is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Saturday for Class AA Lake Elsinore at Inland Empire. RHP Casey Kelly, who missed all of last season while rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, will start that game as he also begins a rehab assignment. It will be his first competition since 2012. Air Max Schoenen Sale . Left back Layvin Kurzawa put Monaco ahead in the 36th minute with a low shot after being set up by midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia, sweeping the ball in after running onto Kondogbias cross from the left. Air Max Goedkoop Online . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract. http://www.airmaxsalenederland.com/ . -- Miguel Angel Jimenez quickly shifted his focus back to the Ryder Cup after winning his first Champions Tour event.HARRISON, N.J. -- Lloyd Sam and Tim Cahill scored to lead the New York Red Bulls in a 2-1 victory over the last-place D.C. United on Saturday night. Luis Robles stopped a late penalty shot to help the Red Bulls (12-9-6) move into a tie with Montreal and Sporting Kansas City for first place in the Eastern Conference. "It was a complete performance," Cahill said. "Thats what were all about." New York won despite playing without star forward Thierry Henry for the first 57 minutes as punishment for his blow-up at practice with head coach Mike Petke. Petke said he and the French star had a two-hour, air-clearing conversation in the coachs office after the parties settled down, and were on the same page. "Sometimes its like a tornado meeting a volcano," Petke said. "Its nothing serious, but its being made a big deal about. It happens all over the world. Its just that it happened here. It didnt affect the team at all." Still, Henry seemed steamed about it, even after he barely missed scoring two minutes after entering. "You know I dont talk when I dont play," he said, discounting the fact that he played the last 33 minutes. Petke called keeping his international star on the bench "a coachs decision. "Im a coach and I make decisions every day," Petke said. "I made my decision and thats between me and my team." Bradley Wright-Phillips made his first MLS start in Thierrys place and barely missed scoring in the 45th minute when Sams pass fell just wide of the leaping forward. United missed tying it in the 72nd minute after Ibrahim Sekagya pulled down D. Nike Air Max Outlet Nederland. .s DeWayne De Rosario in the box, resulting in a penalty kick for the midfielder and a red card for Sekagya. But Robles dove and reached to his right to preserve the lead. "I knew it was huge to block that," Robles said. "There were some things he did that told me he was going there, some things I look for." De Rosario knew he missed the games best chance to come away with a point. Im disappointed in myself," he said. "I guess right. I hit on frame. But still, at a time like that, I think I should bury it. Sam put the Red Bulls on the board in the eighth minute on a freak goal after Cahill was knocked down in the box. There was no call on the Cahill play, but the ball came out to the right wing to Sam, whose lofted shot hit the left post. DC keeper Bill Hamid tried to gather it from the ground, but after a delay for an officials conference it was determined the ball had crossed the goal line for Sams third score of the season. Nick DeLeon got his first goal of the season for United (3-18-5), tying the score in the 36th minute. He took a chip from De Rosario from outside the box, made a move out front, and barely beat Luis Robles to his right. Cahill got the tiebreaker a minute later, converting on a header off Jonny Steeles cross from the left side. It was Cahills team-leading eighth goal. Henry finally entered in the 58th minute for Cahill and made an impact two minutes later, dribbling into the box and firing a shot that barely went wide right. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

INDIANAPOLIS -- Paul George beat the odds to become an NBA star. [url=http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/]Cheap Sabres Jerseys Au
LOS ANGELES -- Garrett Richards claims he gave little thought to his first career shutout until the final out settled into Alber

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz