Well...the first half was awesome! And at the end

#1 von panxing18 , 22.03.2019 06:42

of the day https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Bernie-Kosar-Jersey , the Cleveland Browns ended their road losing streak with a 35-20 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, improving to 4-6-1 on the year. It’s their first two-game winning streak since 2014, and their 25-game road losing streak is over. And it came against Hue Jackson! Ha!The Browns got the ball first and never looked back. They scored an opening-drive touchdown for the first time all season, connecting on 23-yard passes to both RB Nick Chubb and RB Duke Johnson. The drive was capped off with a 1-yard touchdown to go up 7-0.Cincinnati’s first drive got into long field goal range, but K Randy Bullock’s 54-yard field goal was blocked! That helped set up a shorter field on the next drive, and QB Baker Mayfield ran the hurry-up to pick up chunk plays. The drive ended with a 13-yard touchdown strike to WR Antonio Callaway to go up 14-0.The Bengals didn’t muster anything on their next drive, and then to start the second quarter, it was David Njoku time! He caught a tight end screen pass, tried to do a big-time leap into the end zone but was stuffed three yards short, somehow got stood up, and then was pushed by his teammates into the end zone for a touchdown to go up 21-0.The unraveling for Cincinnati continued as QB Andy Dalton was picked off by FS Damarious Randall on their next drive. Further adding to Randall’s legend, instead of going for the return, he walked straight up to Hue Jackson and handed him the ball!Is this real? The Browns capped off the next drive with an incredible 14-yard touchdown pass to Chubb...where he caught the ball on the back of the defender’s head and held on! That put the Browns up 28-0 with just over two minutes to play in the first half.The Bengals did get a little bit of momentum to end the first half, sparked by big runs from Dalton and RB Joe Mixon. In goal-go-go, Dalton found WR John Ross for a 2-yard touchdown to make it 28-7 heading to the half.The Bengals got a nice run to begin the second half, but then after a clipping penalty, the next snap by C Billy Price sailed way over Dalton’s head and DE Emmanuel Ogbah won the sprint with Dalton to recover the loose ball at the 7 yard line.Two plays later, Mayfield found TE Darren Fells wide open for a 6 yard touchdown to give the team a 35-7 lead.Dalton was injured on the previous series trying to recover the loose football, so backup QB Jeff Driskel entered the game. Both teams traded punts, and then Driskel found some success on his next drive, tossing a 28-yard touchdown pass to WR Tyler Boyd with under five minutes to go in the third quarter.The Browns somewhat took their foot off the gas in terms of urgency, but their next punt pinned the Bengals back at the 5 yard line. Cincinnati proceeded to drive the ball for seven minutes, assisted by a fourth down roughing the passer penalty, to score on a 2-yard quarterback sneak by Driskel. Bullock missed the extra point off the upright https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Rashard-Higgins-Jersey , making it a 35-20 game with just under eight minutes to go.Cincinnati then forced a quick three-and-out, and a decent punt return had their offense with the ball at the Bengals 43 yard line with 6:12 to go. Browns fans were getting nervous as the Bengals continued to drive, but the defense finally forced a turnover on downs with 3:09 to go after Cincinnati had driven to the 13-yard line.The Browns ran a little clock off, mostly forcing Cincinnati to use their timeouts. After the two-minute warning, a big punt return gave the Bengals the ball at midfield, but they could go no further so Mayfield came out for a couple of kneeldowns. And then, there was this:This game may leave fans a little bit of a mixed feeling because the first half was so amazing, and then for most of the second half, there was no offense (they just conservatively ran the ball) and lackluster defense against a backup quarterback. But they got the job done, and when you build that big of an early cushion, you earn the right to sit on a lead and save up your good playcalls for another day.Quick HittersQB Baker Mayfield: 19-of-26 for 258 yards, 4 TD. 4 rushes, -5 yards.RB Nick Chubb: 28 carries, 84 yards (3.0 YPC). 1 TD. 3 catches, 44 yards (3 targets). 1 TD.RB Duke Johnson: 2 carries, 16 yards (8.0 YPC). 1 catch, 23 yards (1 target).TE David Njoku: 5 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD.1 sack for DE Myles Garrett. Tonight, the Cleveland Browns are on the road to take on the Denver Broncos. To help preview a few topics from the Broncos’ perspective, we reached out to Casey Barrett from Mile High Report and exchanged five questions with him. Enjoy!Case Keenum has been very ‘meh’ for the Denver Broncos.Stan Szeto-USA TODAY SportsChris: “Case Keenum threw at least 1 interception in his first 8 games, but hasn’t thrown a single interception in his past 5 games. Has something improved for Keenum as of later, and how would you assess his overall play as a Bronco?”Casey: “Well, I don’t believe Broncos quarterback Case Keenum has been the hope that Broncos Country was expecting. In the most recent weeks Joe Thomas Jersey , he certainly has been smarter with the ball, even when running for his life. He has been much, MUCH better at getting rid of the ball in potential sack situations. He’s also moved himself out of danger on more than one occasion. This is something we didn’t see much of in the first half of the season. For unexplained reasons, every Broncos quarterback since Peyton Manning has had this behavior that if there is a hand on them, they take the sack.It’s been infuriating. This was also something we saw from Keenum in the early stages of this year, but has shown large improvements recently. This has been a topic of conversation in multiple weeks; why does he look so much different this year than last year with Minnesota? Truth is, most of us don’t know. In training camp and in practice, he has a level of confidence and leadership that for me personally, I haven’t seen much of in game situations. There have been flashes, and they seem to be more apparent in the more recent games, but he still hasn’t reached that level that we saw last year with the Vikings. I’m not ready to give up on him yet, but he needs to find that comfortable, high confidence level of play.”The Broncos defense misses CB Chris Harris.Photo by Bart Young/Getty ImagesChris: “Denver’s defense seems to excel where it matters: sacks, interceptions, and points allowed per game. But it seems like they are a bit banged up in the secondary -- could you tell us what to expect from that unit this week, specifically at cornerback?”Casey: “Nope. I can’t tell you what to expect; I’m not sure any of us can know what to expect. It has been a very up and down season for the Broncos secondary. Losing Chris Harris Jr. was huge. Not just in coverage, but his mind and his leadership on the field is desperately missed. The amount of field that CHJ can cover is ridiculous, and it showed in a big way last week against the Chefs... cough... I mean the Chiefs (couldn’t help it). Bradley Roby is a question mark every game. There have been games where he has made some outstanding plays, and there have been games where he got burned... bad. Now with rookie Isaac Yiadom out as well, nine year vet Tramaine Brock, and second year player Brendan Langley will definitely have their work cut out for them.”The Broncos have had issues covering tight ends.Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty ImagesChris: “How the heck did George Kittle have such a big first half last week? Was that an anomaly, or did it expose some issues that Denver has defensively?”Casey: “It is absolutely an issue defensively. For some lost-on-me reason, the Broncos cannot cover a TE. What we saw last week was the Kansas City Chiefs and their coaching staff following suit of most teams this season. They just happened to exploit that weakness to its full effect, and found ways for not only for Kittle to get open Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , but to be able to maximize the yards after the catch. It has been frustrating watching TEs get that open. I’m hoping that Broncos Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods has a plan for slowing the bleeding when it comes to finding a way to cover them, but what will the Broncos defense have to sacrifice in order to make that happen? I guess we’ll find out this week when they have to cover David Njoku.”Bradley Chubb and Von Miller make for a dangerous pass-rushing duo.Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty ImagesChris: “What is the strength and weakness of the Browns’ offensive line? [Editor’s note: I screwed up and put Browns in this question instead of Broncos]”Casey: “I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on what the Browns do week in and week out, but from a layman’s perspective, they seem to be finding ways to work as a unit more consistently. What they did against the Texans two weeks ago was impressive. Even though they lost and turned the ball over - a lot - they kept Mayfield from taking any serious shots. They are completely capable of maintaining that level of play. That’s from what I have seen. Now, that being said, the Browns are guilty of a lot of offensive holding calls. This could pose to be problematic going against Von Miller and rookie Bradley Chubb. They have combined for 25.5 sacks and their speed off the end is hard to counter. While there was plenty of coverage regarding Miller’s offsides penalties from last week, he has also had his fair share of getting guys to jump early, especially in the Broncos Stadium at Mile High noise. I for one, am very curious to know how the Browns plan to block both ends, and equally as curious to see if the Broncos make any adjustments if the Browns are successful in their blocking scheme.”Safety Justin Simmons has stepped up in the Broncos’ secondary.Photo by Bart Young/Getty ImagesChris: “Tell us about one player on the Broncos who has played a nice role this year, but who Browns fans may not have heard of.”Casey: “That’s a good question. The Broncos, like the Browns and a lot of teams this year, have had to deal with injuries in key positions and even their second string positions. With the Broncos, they have had consistent inconsistency. Rookie Josey Jewell has shown that he can be really good, but he has also shown that he is still a rookie and has things to learn. The same could be said for Su’a Cravens. He’s made some outstanding plays, showing his good athleticism, but again has shown that there are still things to learn. I’ll try to give you two players to watch though. Safety Justin Simmons has filled in the leadership role with Chris Harris Jr currently out. He has made a couple of mistakes, but his vision on the field has improved a ton over the course of his young three year career. I feel like he’s only going to get better, especially learning from CHJ. The other that has made great positive strides throughout the season is NT Shelby Harris. Every game he seems to be playing better. He is figuring out how to read offensive plays more quickly, with an INT two weeks ago, and had another in his hands last week, but it was dropped. Watching him and Domata Peko Sr. rotate at nose tackle has been fun.”Thanks again to Casey for taking the time to answer my questions.

panxing18  
panxing18

when the Boston Red Sox (71-32) visit the Baltimore Orioles
The Seattle Seahawks not only lost to the San Francisco 49er

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz