— The last time Trevor Cahill made an opening day start, he wa

#1 von panxing18 , 18.04.2019 04:52

TEMPE Orlando Arcia Jersey , Ariz. (AP) s pitching for the Oakland Athletics. Now Los Angeles Angels manager Brad Ausmus has named Cahill as the opening day starter for the March 28 game in Oakland against the A’s.This is Cahill’s first season with the Angels. He was 7-4 with a 3.76 ERA in 21 games (20 starts) for the Athletics last year. It will be Cahill’s second opening day start — he also did so in 2011 for the Athletics.“Any time you can pitch the first game of the season, it’s special,” Cahill said. “I think the biggest thing is, as we all know, it’s one of many and not worth any more than any of the other ones. My goal is to go out there and pitch like I normally do and don’t try to do too much.”The rest of the Angels’ rotation will be Matt Harvey, Felix Pena, Tyler Skaggs and Jaime Barria, Ausmus said.“We’re kind of juggling with injuries and weren’t sure and ultimately, I thought Cahill was the best fit Jonathan Villar Jersey ,” Ausmus said.Cahill played for the A’s from 2009-11 and again last season.“It’ll be weird going back there. I’ve never played there as a visitor,” Cahill said. “I went there one time with the Royals two years ago but I was on the DL. That’s the only other time I’ve been in the visitor’s clubhouse. It’ll be fun. Day game, too, which is weird. I have to make sure I don’t assume it’s a night game. I’ve done that before.”Some of the other Angels have had to deal with minor injuries this spring. Harvey was slowed because of a glute strain while Skaggs has been dealing with left forearm fatigue. Another candidate, Andrew Heaney, was expected to open the season on the injured list because of inflammation in his left elbow. Cahill has been healthy.“That plays into it somewhat,” Ausmus said. “He’s made a start there before. It does line up Harvey for opening day in Anaheim.”The Angels’ home opener will be April 4 against the Texas Rangers. Even with Harper and Scherzer on the roster, the Nationals finished a ho-hum 82-80 in 2018, "good" for a distant second place in the National League East. After winning three division titles in four years between 2014 and 2017, they watched the playoffs from their La-Z-Boys.Maybe it was a blip and the Nationals will surge back in 2019. But they're competing with the fast-rising Atlanta Braves http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , who won the division behind a burgeoning young core and boast the No. 2 farm system in the game, according to Bleacher Report's Joel Reuter.Then there are the Philadelphia Phillies, who finished two games behind Washington but also have a solid stockpile of up-and-coming talent and tons of payroll flexibility. Hence the rumblingsPhiladelphia might try to land Harper and fellow 26-year-old superstar Manny Machado.Even if that's a pipe dream (and it probably is), the Phillies could easily spend enough to lure Harper away from the Nationals s could other deep-pocketed suitors such as the Los Angeles Dodgers.General manager Mike Rizzo said Harper was "in our plans" and "part of our family," per Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post. Those are warm and fuzzy words, but words don't pay record-breaking contracts, which is what Harper will demand and likely get. Odds are, the Nationals will wave goodbye to their brash franchise player.If so, they'll be in a tough spot, even with Scherzer.Now Jhoulys Chacin Jersey , imagine the haul they could get for a pitcher of Scherzer's pedigree. It would start with any team's top prospect (or two) and go from there. They could probably demand top prospects and MLB-ready players.The New York Yankees, to cite one example, desperately need starting pitching. What if the Nats pried away outfielder (and Harper's buddy) Clint Frazier, top New York pitching prospect Justus Sheffield plus ancillary pieces?That's wild speculation, obviously. But the Nationals could ask for the moon in exchange for Scherzer, and suitors such as the Yanks, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros would immediately start swinging their space lassos.Alex Brandon/Associated PressIt's worth noting Scherzer is 34 years old. He's also owed more than $126 million, though a portion of that is deferred through 2028.That said, if the Nationals made him available Alex Wood Jersey , Rizzo's phone would light up like a kerosene-soaked jack-o'-lantern. Washington would have its pick of gaudy packages.The short-term optics would not be great. The odds of this happening are low. But the more you think about it, the more sense it makes.The Nationals have exciting young players to build around, including left fielder and possible NL Rookie of the Year Juan Soto, center fielder Victor Robles and shortstop Trea Turner. Maybe they should follow the Braves' and Phillies' lead by shedding salary and going young. Their current course has yielded multiple playoff appearances, but they've never advanced past the division series round.The road to success is frequently paved with difficult, unpopular choices.Trading Scherzer would fit that description. It might also be the way to go. All statistics and contract information courtesy of Baseball Reference and FanGraphs.

panxing18  
panxing18

Aho rankings 2, Hurricanes battle Sabres 4-3 inside Skinner return
Sonny Gray knows what he’s getting into even before he

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz