SAN DIEGO - Rookie Tommy Medica walked into the San Diego Padres equipment room to get a new cap before Friday nights game and n

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 18.07.2019 10:23

SAN DIEGO - Rookie Tommy Medica walked into the San Diego Padres equipment room to get a new cap before Friday nights game and noticed one of Yasmani Grandals 35-inch, 32-ounce Louisville Slugger bats. Cheap NBA Jerseys China . "I saw a nice-looking piece of lumber," said Medica, who normally swings a 34-31 bat. "I Picked it up, it felt good. I said, Im going to try it out today. " Great move, because it powered a career night. Medica had five hits, including two two-run home runs, drove in four runs and scored four runs — all career-bests — to lead the Padres to a 10-1 win against the Atlanta Braves. "Can he borrow it tomorrow?" said manager Bud Black, who will write Medica into the lineup again Saturday night. "That was quite a night for him. The two swings to start the night for him were great swings." Left-hander Eric Stults and three relievers combined on a four-hitter. Everth Cabrera had four hits for the Padres, who had a season-high 20. Medicas previous career-high was four hits a week earlier at Atlanta. He made his big league debut in September and is in his third stint with the Padres this season. Medicas second shot, on a 1-0 pitch from Mike Minor with one out in the third, went an estimated 438 feet into the second deck in left field and gave San Diego a 5-0 lead. His first homer, also to left, was on a 1-1 pitch with two outs in the first. He has six this season. Medica singled in his final three at-bats. "I was feeling good and it just seemed like good things happened. To get that last hit like that, it was just the way the game was going," he said. Medicas first big league hit was a homer off Cliff Lee in the second at-bat of his debut on Sept. 10. "Tommy can be a little streaky at times so hopefully right now were catching him in a hot streak," Black said. The Braves, who lost their fourth straight game, have been held to 10 runs total in their last five games. Stults (4-13) won for just the second time in his last 11 starts. He didnt allow a hit until the fourth, when a two-base error by right fielder Jeff Francoeur on B.J. Uptons fly ball to the warning track led to an unearned run. Chris Johnson hit an RBI single with two outs. Cabrera scored twice and drove in a run. He was aboard for Medicas first homer. Jedd Gyorko, who continues to hit well after his return from a 44-game stay on the disabled list, was aboard for Medicas second shot after hitting an RBI double in the third inning. Gyorko is 8 for 19 with two doubles, two homers, seven RBIs and four runs scored in his five games back. Minor (4-7) allowed five runs and nine hits in five innings, walked two and struck out one. He has allowed six runs in three of his last four starts. San Diegos hitting frustrated the Braves. "They found holes," first baseman Freddie Freeman said. "We never seemed to be close to it. We would play a little shift and they would hit the ball down the line. We played the line, they would hit a ball in the hole. Tommy (La Stella) is playing a shift on Tommy Medica and he hits two ground balls to the right side. Will Venable is looping balls in front of our outfielders. It was just one of those things." TRAINERS ROOM Braves: Outfielder Jason Heyward missed his fourth straight game with back stiffness. He left Mondays game against San Diego. He originally was hurt while chasing a foul ball on July 24. Padres: Grandal, the catcher, missed his second straight game with fluid in his right knee, which was surgically repaired last summer. ON DECK Braves: Right-hander Ervin Santana (10-6, 3.63) tries to beat Padres in consecutive starts. He pitched five-hit ball for eight innings in Mondays 2-0 win in Atlanta. Padres: Right-hander Ian Kennedy (8-9, 3.66) returns after missing his start Monday at Atlanta because of a left oblique strain. HEADS UP PLAY Medica singled in the fifth and advanced on Rene Riveras grounder to third. With the Braves not paying any attention to him, Medica stole third. "I just kind of saw the shortstop and third baseman. They turned around and Minor was still kind of looking at the plate," Medica said. "I just started walking and noticed no one was still seeing me and I took off. With a lefty on the mound I knew it would be tough to turn all the way around and throw me out." OFFENSIVE PADRES After a brutal first half, the Padres have scored 71 runs in 14 games since the All-Star break, the most in the NL. HOT GYORKO Gyorko is hitting .421 (8 for 19) with two doubles, three homers and seven RBIs in five games back from the DL. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Authentic . Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. Authentic Cheap Jerseys . A night later, he was back to help lead a rout of the Detroit Pistons. John Wall had 20 points and 11 assists, and Beal scored 10 of his 15 points during the second quarter as Washington pulled away for a 106-82 victory on Saturday. http://www.wholesalechinajerseys.net/ .com) - The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics both entered Wednesday nights game riding lengthy losing streaks.MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens may have found the chemistry needed to form their top line when the regular season starts. Max Pacioretty scored two goals with the help of linemates David Desharnais and Daniel Briere in Montreals 3-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Monday in NHL pre-season action. Pacioretty, who has scored in three straight contests, is confident him and his new linemates are destined for success. "Were getting better every day," said Pacioretty. "Were talking a lot, were working hard, and I felt very comfortable tonight. "Were moving the puck real well out there. It feels like we know where each other are and well only get better from there." The goals, scored on the back of Paciorettys seven shots, were his third and fourth of the pre-season. Montreal head coach Michel Therrien was equally impressed by the play of Pacioretty, Desharnais, and Briere. "We can see theres some chemistry staring to build," said Therrien. "And thats a good thing. Thats the reason why we try to put those guys together as much as we can. "Pacioretty is such a powerful forward. He skates so hard. Hes got great speed. Hes in great shape, hes powerful, and its demanding to play against him when hes using his speed like that." Despite Paciorettys two goals, and the overall strength of the line, iit was Ryan Whites late third-period goal, a deflection off rookie Jarred Tinordis shot that slipped past goaltender Martin Brodeur, that won the game for the Canadiens. Wholesale Jerseys From China. Carey Price stopped 19 shots for the win while Brodeur made 22 saves in defeat. "With the line-up we had, so many young guys, not regulars, compared to Montreal that had their full team, almost, I think we competed real well," said Brodeur. "Its not easy for some of the young guys coming in to a building like that, a full house, to handle themselves. But I thought we did a great job." The Canadiens opened the scoring early in the second period when Pacioretty beat Brodeur glove-side on the power play. Ex-Hab Michael Ryder, who signed with the Devils in July, tied the game minutes later with a high floater from the blue-line that bounced off Price and landed in the net. Pacioretty restored Montreals one-goal lead at 8:32 when he beat Brodeur with a powerful backhander while playing 5-on-4 hockey. Adam Larsson tied the game 2-2 on a deflected shot from the point at 16:47 of the second before White scored the winner at 16:08 of the third. The Canadiens close out their pre-season play with a home-and-home series against the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday and Thursday. Montreals regular season begins Oct. 1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ATLANTA -- For Ervin Santana, throwing strike after strike was even better than a no-hitter -- especially when his impressive co
VAL-DOR, Que. [url=http://www.knickssale.com/kids-bernard-king-knicks-jersey/]Bernard King Jersey[/url] . - Alexis Pepins goal 4

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz