The New York Giants will be without safety La

#1 von panxing18 , 15.08.2019 08:06

UPDATE: ndon Collins through the remainder of the season. Collins suffered a torn labrum Sunday against the Chicago Bears which will require to repair. The expected recovery time following the surgery is four to six months. This is a tough break for the impending free agent Phil Simms Color Rush Jersey , and we will have to wait and see how it affects the Giants’ decision to offer him a contract extension, and his decision whether or not to sign one.Giants coach Pat Shurmur said Wednesday the situation with Collins is “fluid,” refusing to confirm a report that but that season-ending shoulder surgery has already been decided upon. He did, however say surgery is “most likely.”The team’s 2015 second-round pick can be a free agent at the end of the season. After the release of first-round pick Ereck Flowers earlier this season, Collins is the only member of the Giants’ 2015 draft class remaining on the roster.Collins leads the Giants with 96 tackles this season.“He’s made a lot of plays for us, especially close to the line of scrimmage,” Shurmur said. “In a sport where toughness is required he’s got a lot of it.”Replacing CollinsIn Collins’ absence, veteran Michael Thomas and undrafted rookie Sean Chandler will see increased playing time.“Obviously we’re going to miss him but it’s an opportunity for new guys to step up,” Thomas said. “You don’t replace a player like LC, two-time Pro Bowl player Harry Carson Color Rush Jersey , All-Pro safety. You don’t just replace that.”Collins’ absence should be an opportunity for Chandler, the former Temple safety, in particular. Chandler has seen regular playing time the past few weeks, and played a season-high 21 snaps Sunday against the Chicago Bears.Undrafted rookie Kamrin Moore is another possibility. Moore has been active for only one game this season, playing exclusively on special teams vs. the New Orleans Saints. After fracturing his shoulder Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles, punt returner Quadree Henderson has been placed on injured reserve by the New York Giants. The team announced Monday afternoon that tight end Garrett Dickerson has been signed from the practice squad to take his place on the 53-man roster.Henderson, an undrafted free agent from Pitt, averaged 7.6 yards on nine punt returns and 22.4 yards on five kickoff returns over five games this season. Dickerson appeared in two games earlier this season, playing 11 offensive snaps.Engram hopeful he will play vs. BearsTight end Evan Engram sat out Sunday after injuring his hamstring during pre-game warmups. The second-year man said he was ready to play if the situation had called for it early in the game.“I was ready if we had a certain situation,” he said. “We jumped out early without me playing Lawrence Taylor Color Rush Jersey , so it was kind of, ‘Okay, let’s hold it,’ and then by the time the game got closer and by looking at the flow of the game, I was kind of not as warm as I was. Just wasn’t the smartest idea to be thrown in.”Engram said his injury was “more of a grab” than a hamstring pull.“The test I did today with the trainers I feel optimistic about,” he said. “It’s definitely something that’s going to be based on how I feel and if I can be explosive and trust it, and be the player that I am.”Coach Pat Shurmur also said that linebacker B.J. Goodson is currently questionable against Chicago with a shoulder stinger.

panxing18  
panxing18

The Houston Texans roster can still stand
The former WR showed us as it was happening"WhiteFanp

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz