Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. [url=https://www.cheapshoesblackf

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 25.11.2019 02:28

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday . This week they discuss the decision to stop the NFL concussion settlement, the medias indifference to a big boxing match in Montreal, the maturity of Anthony Bennett and NHL outdoor games. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is up to U.S. federal judge Anita Brody, who this week halted the NFLs concussion settlement with former players. Judge Brody was concerned that with fixed dollar awards for specific ailments for ex-NFL players - a ghoulish list that specifies, for example, up to $3.5 million for Alzheimers, or up to $5 million for ALS - and a $765 million cap on the settlement fund, the money could run out, since its designed to cover 20,000 men over 65 years. Yes, there are ex-players who need help right now, and this could hurt them. But given the seriousness of the settlement, its potential ramifications, and what we still have to learn about what football does to peoples brains, it seems like the least you can do is to double-check the math. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is down to us - those of us in mainstream sports media in English Canada - who have ignored the rich and electric Quebec boxing scene. Saturday night, at a sold out Bell Centre, two former world champions, adopted Montrealers Jean Pascal and Lucien Bute, boxed a 12-rounder that most of us outside Quebec and the United States didnt pay any attention to. "This is the Super Bowl of boxing in Canada," said Pascal, the winner, but what he should have said is: this is the Super Bowl of boxing in French Canada. The bout was available live on HBO in the U.S. but not offered live and free across Canada. And not covered by anyone in Canada outside Quebec. We failed here on a major event: when it comes to boxing in Quebec, we always fail. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to Anthony Bennett for uncommon maturity. The surprising first pick in the NBA Draft says he will not object if the Cavaliers send him to the Development League to straighten out his game. Certainly some tidying up is in order. In about 10 minutes a night, the 20-year-old Torontonian has averaged two and a half points and shot a miserable 27 per cent. This is the worst start for a No. 1 overall selection since… well, ever. Most top picks would resist a demotion. Laudably Bennett, who has had his 6-8 frame parked on the bench, has parked his ego at the door. Dave Hodge, TSN: I will need both of my thumbs -- one is up to the NHL for the obvious success of the outdoor games, another of which we can talk about here next week as the Ducks and the Kings play on Saturday at Dodger Stadium. Thatll be followed by the Rangers and Devils at Yankee Stadium next Sunday. And all the hockey fans in the stands at two of baseballs most famous stadiums will be having a great time at a hockey "event". Not so much the TV watchers. So let me say "thumbs down", to the viewing experience at home. The New Years Day game in Detroit could be measured this way, I think -- the fans in Ann Arbor were as excited as the fans at home were bored for much of the time. The excitement level will be the same at the LA and NY "events". The boredom level is liable to increase for the rest of us, because to expect what could be called a good hockey game is to expect too much. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. Buy Shoes Black Friday . New York (16-9-8) took over first place in the Eastern Conference and has the best record in the league with one game remaining. Houstons five-game unbeaten streak was snapped, and the Dynamo (13-11-9) are sixth in the East with one game remaining. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts.LJUBLJANA, Slovenia -- Tony Parker finally has an international title to go with his three NBA rings -- although it was his France teammates who stole the spotlight in the European championship final. With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. "Its been an unbelievable journey chasing this title," Parker said. "I would change nothing." The San Antonio Spurs guard led France to the under-18 world championship title in 2000, and said he made a promise back then that he would give the senior team its first international success as well. Thirteen years later, its mission accomplished. "I went to everyones room last night in the hotel and I told them that there was no way we were going to lose this game," Parker said. France broke open a close game by finishing the third quarter with a 14-0 run that kept Lithuania scoreless for four minutes. The French lead grew to 22 points with three minutes remaining in the third and Lithuania never came close to a comeback. Batum had 17 points and Diaw added 15, while Linas Kleiza led Lithuania with 20. Parker finished with 12 points, after scoring just four through the first three quarters. But his scoring and leadership duringg the run to the final -- including 32 points against defending champion Spain in the semifinals -- earned him the tournament MVP award. Fake Shoes Black Friday. "We had a perfect plan, the coach said they would double-team me and that I had to trust my teammates and not to worry if I dont score much," Parker said. After finally capturing that elusive gold -- in Frances record 36th appearance in the tournament -- Parker led the French team into the stands to celebrate with their fans after the final buzzer. Spain beat Croatia 92-66 earlier Sunday to earn the bronze medal. Guard Antoine Diot all but secured Frances victory with a 3-pointer at the buzzer of the third quarter, after a Lithuania turnover gave France the possession with 0.9 seconds left. Diaw threw the ball to Diot, who nailed a 3 that was upheld after the referees viewed the video to make sure he had beaten the clock. Batum finished the first half with 17 points, shooting 6-for-7 from the field and making three of four 3-pointers. Diaw took over in the third, scoring 11 points on drives to the basket and outside shots. "We didnt do a bad job defending Parker, but we forgot about the others," Lithuania coach Jonas Kazlauskas said. France coach Vincent Collet said his team had learned from the times it came up short in the past. "It wasnt the easiest way, but we improved starting with the quarterfinals. Its the 36th Euro for France and the first title, you can imagine how we feel," Collet said. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis has a message for the NFL: Its defence is pretty darned good. [url=https://www.cheapdiamondbacksjer
LOS ANGELES -- Six-time Olympic medallist Rebecca Soni of the United States has retired from swimming. [url=https://www.vansfak

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz