Regardless of the grudge you may still hold against

#1 von zhangzk , 26.11.2019 04:06

Xaxier Grimble for his fumble vs. the Broncos last year James Washington Jersey , the Steelers need him to step up and be an effective number two tight end in 2019." Latest NewsCommentaryIt’s time for Steelers fans to forgive Xavier Grimble for his fumble against the BroncosNew,46commentsRegardless of the grudge you may still hold against Xaxier Grimble for his fumble vs. the Broncos last year, the Steelers need him to step up and be an effective number two tight end in 2019. EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:It’s time for Steelers fans to forgive Xavier Grimble for his fumble against the BroncosTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Matthew Stockman/Getty ImagesThe day was November 25, 2018. I remember it well. I was at a Friendsgiving get-together full of people who didn’t care much for fancy football watchin’. Instead of gathering around the television set after dinner to watch the Steelers/Broncos clash at Mile High, the group engaged in some sort of high brow board game that I only pretended to understand. But I was having a good time and enjoying the company of some cool folks. I was having such a good time that, believe it or not, I almost forgot about my favorite football team that was in the early stages of a semi-important 4 p.m. match-up against an inferior Broncos squad.Yes, I thought this game was only semi-important because Pittsburgh entered the day with a 2.5 game lead over the Ravens in the AFC North with just six weeks to play. The Steelers had a 7-2-1 record and were on a six-game roll after starting the season 1-2-1. What better time to disengage from the tense emotions that the game of football often generates in the truly die-hard fans?And then I received this text from a relative: “What a shame. It was such a great call, too.” That relative was referring to the great first quarter call that led to Steelers third-string tight end Xavier Grimble being left all alone in the middle of the field. Grimble gathered in a pass from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and had a mostly clear path to the end zone. The only thing that stood in Grimble’s way was a Broncos defensive back that the undrafted free agent out of USC could simply avoid with a little cutback to the inside. Instead of that, Grimble tried to knock the defensive back into the following week. I don’t know how successful Grimble was in that regard, but the football he was carrying—in his inside arm, which is always a no-no—was knocked out of the end zone before it crossed the plane of the goal line. Touchback, Denver, and the rest Stephon Tuitt Jersey , as they say, is history. The Steelers lost the game, 24-17, and a few more down the stretch and finished with a 9-6-1 record and out of the postseason for the first time since 2013. There were many mistakes that you can point to for the Steelers failure of a 2018 season, but Grimble’s is often cited more than most. I know I spent the rest of last season and most of this offseason holding a Steve Bartman-level grudge against Grimble for his silly, silly gaffe (although, I would never throw a cup of beer on him, since he’s much bigger than me, and stadium beer is expensive). Just two weeks ago, on The Steelers Hangover, I was asked if Grimble would catch as many passes this year as Jesse James did a season ago (30), and I said, “NO!” But almost immediately after giving that rather rude and crude answer, I felt bad. I mean Jesse James Jersey , it wasn’t as if Grimble WANTED to fumble the ball on that play. He was just trying to do something positive. He may have gone about it the wrong way, but I’m guessing his heart was in the right place.I’m also guessing Grimble immediately regretted his choice to send a physical message to that Denver defensive back. And if he didn’t have immediate regrets, I’m assuming they began to creep in the second Pittsburgh was officially eliminated from the playoffs some five weeks later. But whatever regret Grimble may still have for being a doofus that day in Denver, he needs to forget about it and move forward. Same for die-hard Steelers fans such as yours truly.Why? Because the Steelers need Grimble, who is entering his fourth year with the team, to step up and be the number two tight end in 2019. In case you haven’t noticed, the Steelers depth chart behind Vance McDonaldat tight end is pretty sparse in terms of proven talent. Someone needs to rise to the occasion and do so in a hurry. Grimble, with 22 career receptions for 236 yards and three touchdowns, is the only tight end on the roster besides McDonald that has a stat-line. The Steelers have always had a fondness for the two tight end set, which means they’ll want to keep using it in 2019. Is Grimble up for the task, especially since it also requires the ability to block well in the running game? That remains to be seen, of course, but the Steelers will certainly give him a chance to win the job this preseason.It’s not an impossible road back, from bonehead play to redemption—Barry Foster once treated a kickoff like a punt—and if Xavier Grimble can be an effective number two tight end in 2019 Ryan Shazier Jersey , the memory of his gaffe in Denver will vanish faster than the stuffing at my next Friendsgiving feast. Join Tony and Dave for the Steelers news of the week in the latest episode of the ‘Steelers Hangover’." Latest NewsBTSC On DemandSteelers Podcast: High’s and lows of the 2019 offseasonNew,1commentJoin Tony and Dave for the Steelers news of the week in the latest episode of the ‘Steelers Hangover’.EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Steelers Podcast: High’s and lows of the 2019 offseasonTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailWith Steelers players reporting to training camp on Thursday, one of the most memorable and possibly infamous offseasons is in the books. Join Dave Schofield, sitting in for Bryan Davis, and Anthony Defeo from BTSC as they share their thoughts on the best and worst moments of the 2019 hiatus for the extravaganza known as “Steelers Hangover”.In case you are new to the show, you can check out a complete rundown of the show below: The week that was for the Pittsburgh Steelers.The highs and lows of the Steelers’ 2019 offseason.Around the world of BTSCand MUCH MORE!If you haven’t heard, we have a YouTube channel, and the main reason for this is to increase the sound quality on our shows. But if you’re a visual learner you can watch the show below. Be sure to subscribe to our channel!If you missed the live show, be sure to check out all episodes on the following platforms:Apple Users: CLICK HERESpotify: CLICK HEREGoogle Play: CLICK HEREIf you’re old-school and just want the audio, you can listen to it in the player below.

zhangzk  
zhangzk

Adrian Peterson entered Sunday a single yard
sSilver And Black Pride homepageHorizontal

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz