This is what they had to say:Personally, I’d give the Texans a C. I think they made the right move

#1 von elaine95 , 28.11.2019 03:45

Red Zone Play: Down & Distance Last week we checked out the Houston Texans’ offense Tashaun Gipson Jersey White , examining each position group and getting an overall feel for the health of the scoring side of the team. Now it’s time to turn the lens to the defensive side of the ball, which as we’ve all come to expect over the last few seasons, might just be what keeps this team rolling. If the ball bounces the Texans’ way a few times, this unit might put up some points themselves. DEFENSE:The biggest, best news of the off season as far as the Houston defense is concerned came when Romeo Crennel was reinstated as defensive coordinator. Don’t get me wrong, I like Mike Vrabel, but he was a far better developer of players than a strategist. Under Vrabel, the Texans’ defense often seemed confused and incapable of creating mismatches. While it’s easy to say Vrabel had to work without J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus most of the season, a high-quality coordinator isn’t going to get completely derailed by a few injuries. Thankfully for Houston fans #RACisBACKDefensive LineWith the obvious question mark surrounding J.J. Watt’s health, a lot is going to ride on D.J. Reader, Christian Covington and Carlos Watkins. While all three players have great upside, they each need to continue reaching their potential this year. The more blocks these three can eat up, the more opportunities will arise for guys like Watt Christian Covington Jersey , Mercilus, Jadeveon Clowney, Benardrick McKinney, and so forth. As the old saying goes, games are won and lost in the trenches. LinebackersIt’s hard to look at this group and not get excited. With Clowney, quite possibly the most talented defender in the NFL, McKinney, an old school thumper who reminds me of a young Terrell Suggs, Zach Cunningham, who has been hitting the plates and bulking up both mind and body in the off-season, and the X-Factor, Dylan Cole, this is a serious group of playmakers. If the defensive line can do their part Womens Tyler Ervin Jersey , the linebackers should be feasting on tackles and sacks all season long. I was on a plane to Florida with Vince Wilfork last week, and he certainly wasn’t injured. So maybe if someone else can’t go, Big Vince could pull a Brett Favre and make a comeback. Or at least show up with some smoked meat to lift everyone’s spirits. CornerbacksAs much as the linebacker room excites me, the cornerbacks sort of do the opposite. Johnathan Joseph is arguably the best corner in franchise history, but Father Time has never lost against an NFL player. Kevin Johnson really needs to step up and prove last year was a fluke if he doesn’t want the word “bust” hung around his neck like an albatross. Aaron Colvin might be the best of this group for 2018, but he’s got a learning curve ahead because: new guy. After those three, depth seems to be a mirage; granted, new safety Kareem Jackson can always play corner again in a pinch. SafetyAdding Tyrann Mathieu seems to be a home run for the Texans in free agency, but losing rising star Andre Hal to lymphoma was a serious strikeout. For years Houston has toyed with the notion of moving Kareem Jackson to safety; they have finally pulled that trigger, but how well it works out remains to be seen. If Justin Reid can plug and play quickly, he just might be the savior this group needs. The rest of the safety room (Corey Moore, Treston Decoud, Kurtis Drummond Womens Shane Lechler Jersey , and Ibraheim Campbell) certainly don’t inspire fans to run right out and buy their jerseys. For the time being, I’m going to continue to beat the “Trade for Earl Thomas” drum, although the chances of that actually happening appear to be pretty slim, particularly with all the rumors he’s about to head to Dallas. There we have it. The true goldmine on this side of the ball is the linebacker corps. We could easily mount an argument that this unit is only a player or two away from the greatest of all time, but the question marks surrounding the health of Watt, Clowney and Mercilus, along with performance questions regarding linemen, corners and safeties, make it easy to see this swinging the wrong way if that ball bounces all kinds of bad. If anyone can get the most out of this defense, it’s Romeo Crennel. So for the foreseeable future, we’re just going to hang our red zone hopes on #RACisBACK and let the ball bounce where it may. Class is in session. A verdict is in. I guess I got the lyrics wrong, it’s just my own sin."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕2019 NFL Free Agency2019 Houston Texans OffseasonGrade The Houston Texans’ Offseason So FarNew,91commentsClass is in session. A verdict is in. I guess I got the lyrics wrong Zach Cunningham Jersey White , it’s just my own sin. CDTShareTweetShareShareGrade The Houston Texans’ Offseason So FarJasen Vinlove-USA TODAY SportsIt’s Friday. Friday, that day you were dreaming of back on Monday, is finally here. With the conclusion to the week having arrived and the carrot of free time dangling in front of you finally being in your possession, let’s open the floor and see what you have to say. Bleacher Report graded every team’s offseason so far. They gave the Texans a D-. This is what they had to say:Personally, I’d give the Texans a C. I think they made the right move signing Tashaun Gipson instead of paying an exorbitant amount for Tyrann Mathieu. Bradley Roby is fine; it’s like replacing Kareem Jackson with a Kareem Jackson who covers better but doesn’t tackle as well. We’ll have to wait and see on Briean Boddy-Calhoun.The signing of Darren Fells should let players like Jordan Akins and Ryan Griffin play more of a pass catcher role instead of asking them to make blocks they struggle to make. Franchise-tagging Jadeveon Clowney was the right answer; now the Texans need to lock him up. But the Texans still have around $44 million in cap space. They have Deshaun Watson on a rookie contract. The time to win is now. They should have gone after an interior rusher, and they still should. The secondary will be better, but it won’t be able to have success on their own. They should have outbid the Titans for Roger Saffold so they finally had a player who can block the second level and give Lamar Miller the chance to actually break tackles. They have been too conservative in an offseason where it was time to be aggressive. The night is still young. There are other things to do, people to see, and avenues to explore. That being said, at this time, how do you feel? What grade would you give the Texans’ offseason so far?

elaine95  
elaine95

Bengals)Cincinnati Bengals - Drew Sample, TE,
h the same look in his eyes that he had when he stomped on Smith, although it remains to be seen if that tune will keep playing

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz