MALMO, Sweden -- As the minutes ticked down on Canadas victory over the United States, the overwhelmingly Canadian crowd of 3,88

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 16.01.2018 08:46

MALMO, Sweden -- As the minutes ticked down on Canadas victory over the United States, the overwhelmingly Canadian crowd of 3,882 at the Isstadion chanted "Foo-KAL-eh!" That was for goaltender Zach Fucale, the key man in Tuesdays 3-2 win that gave Canada first place in its preliminary round group and a date with Switzerland in the quarter-finals of the world junior hockey championship. Eric Thames Jersey . "It gave me a lot of energy," the 18-year-old said. "It was very special. "It just lifts you and you sort of play in the moment. It was good for me and the team." Fucale, given a second straight start after helping Canada to a 5-3 win over Slovakia on Saturday, couldnt recall ever having his name chanted quite that way. "Maybe a couple of thousand chanting against me," he offered with a laugh. "In Quebec City it happened. Maybe tonight a little louder." Connor McDavid and Curtis Lazar scored in the third period and Fucale stoned Connor Carrick on a breakaway. Stefan Matteau scored for the Americans with 2:15 left to play on a shot that eluded Fucales glove, but Canada shut the door the rest of the way to pull off a win in their toughest, most emotionally charged game of the tournament. American captain Riley Barber and Canadas Nic Petan traded goals in the second frame, after Fucale shone in a scoreless first period in which the Americans controlled the play and had a 13-6 shot advantage. Only a regulation time win would give Canada (3-0-1) first place over the U.S. (3-1-0). The Canadians will face Switzerland in the quarter-finals on Thursday at the Isstadion. As usual, coach Brent Sutter wasnt offering much insight about his teams upcoming opponent. "We now have 48 hours to prepare for our next opponent. Our focus over the next two days needs to be on this game and only on this game," was all he would say. The Swiss pulled off a 4-3 shootout win over Finland, but it didnt lift them out of fourth place in their group. What the win did, however, was give the Americans a very tough quarter-final opponent in Russia. The Canadian squad got all it needed to win -- solid goaltending, timely scoring and strong special teams play. The Americans went into the game with a whopping 58 per cent power play success rate (11-for-19), but were held scoreless during all three man advantages. Canada answered with Lazars power-play marker in five opportunities. "It was the first time weve been minus on special teams in four games and that was the difference," said American coach Don Lucia. Technically, Barbers goal at 3:29 of the second was short-handed. The teams were each down a man and Barber came around the net and caught Fucale moving the wrong way one second after Canadas Taylor Leiers slashing call expired. Some hard work by Anthony Mantha produced the tying goal at 12:49, as he used his long reach to push the puck to the left side where Petan trailed in late to beat Jon Gilles to an open side. Petan had scored the game-winner and an empty-net goal in Canadas 5-3 win over Slovakia on Monday. Mantha picked up his team-leading 10th point in four games. Canada killed a penalty to start the third and then got one just as their own power play ended 3:54 into the third when Josh Morrissey got the puck to the net and McDavid had two chances to slide it past Gilles. The 16-year-old McDavid was under pressure since his benching in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Czech Republic, and scoring a goal could go a long way to restoring confidence in the highly skilled Erie Otters forward. "Maybe a little bit," said McDavid. "As a hockey player you have to stay even keeled. Things happen in the game. The highs, the lows. You have to remain pretty confident. I think Ive done a pretty good job of that." Lazar was camped in front for the re-direct on a power play at 6:13 as the puck went from Derrick Pouliot to Jonathan Drouin to the Edmonton forward for his second goal in as many games. "Im really getting into my element," the Ottawa Senators prospect said. "Coach Sutters been moving me around. Ive played centre, right and left wing. Im still getting used to things, but it feels good to contribute." The game also saw big forward Frederik Gauthier moved from left wing to centre, where he drew praise from Sutter for winning several defensive zone faceoffs. But most of the post-game attention was on Fucale, the chatty goaltender who backstopped the Halifax Mooseheads to a Memorial Cup last spring. Fucale was dropped to backing up Jake Paterson after the first of three pre-tournament exhibition games, but it looks like hes Sutters man now. "Hes a confident young man and he stood tall," said Sutter. "We need that." Fucales teammates laugh about Fucales non-stop talking, even when hes by himself in the net during games. "I try to stay low key, but maybe I talk a lot," Fucale said. "I love Zach," said forward and fellow Montreal Canadiens prospect Charles Hudon. "I played with him peewee and bantam (in Boisbriand, Que.) and he had the same swagger. "He was always cocky. It was a good for him and I think the crowd loved it too." "It was unbelievable standing on the blue-line at the end of the game with the fans chanting Fucale," said McDavid. "I had chills and it wasnt for me, so I cant imagine how he felt. "You see a lot of goalies and theyre pretty weird. They have their routines and you cant talk to them, but hes really relaxed and honestly, he does have that swagger." Canada also got a boost with the return of big defenceman Griffin Reinhart after serving a four-game suspension for a slash at last years world juniors. Reinhart was counted on to be the leader on defence and he showed it with 20 minutes of ice time, mostly paired with Matt Dumba. He finally got to play at a world juniors with his younger brother, forward Sam Reinhart. The two were on the ice together a lot, especially while penalty killing. Corey Knebel Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives. Neftali Feliz Jersey .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration. http://www.baseballbrewersofficial.com/robin-yount-jersey-c-14/ .Y. - Islanders forward Anders Lee has been fined $2,286 by the NHL for elbowing St.ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Martin Kaymer rekindled his fondness for the Abu Dhabi Championship by rolling in 10 birdies to shoot an 8-under 64 in the first round on Thursday, giving the German a one-stroke lead in an event he has won three times.Living up to his tag of the King of Abu Dhabi, Kaymer showed the form on the greens that brought him titles in the desert in 2008, 10 and 11, and looked energized after time away from golf over Christmas.I putted very well, Kaymer said. Ten birdies? Im not sure I have done that in my golf career.Top-ranked Rory McIlroy and American star Rickie Fowler were also playing their first tournaments of 2015, and fed off each others brilliant putting on their back nines to shoot 67s.McIlroys round was revived by a superb, improvised wedge shot from the lip of a fairway bunker on his 12th hole, setting up the first of five birdies in his last seven holes.I was just trying to get it on the green, McIlroy said about his impudent 95-yard shot from an awkward stance that revived memories of the late Seve Ballesteros. From looking like going 1 over to finishing 5 under, Im very happy.Unheralded Belgian Thomas Pieters shot a 65 to lie alone in second place, with five players — Branden Grace, Gregory Bourdy, first-year tour player Tyrrell Hatton, Alexander Levy and Mikko Ilonen — tied for third on 6 under.Kaymer ripped up his usual festive routine — which can involve hitting some balls on Christmas Day at his base in Arizona — and spent time at home in Germany and on the ski slopes of Italy, where he enjoyed learning a new sport.Life is not all about golf, Kaymer said. It was nice to find a hobby that is challenging for me.He wont be giving up the day job, though.Kaymer lost form after winning the Players Championship and the U.S.. Travis Shaw Jersey. Open midway through last year, but was back to his best on what he calls his home course in making four birdies on the front nine and six coming in. Three birdies were from more than 18 feet.With a second place and a sixth place to go with his three titles at the Abu Dhabi Golf Course, Kaymer is the man to beat this week — even with McIlroy around.The only swings McIlroy made over the month either side of Christmas were practice ones in his kitchen at home. The break didnt do him any harm, either.His first shot of 2015 was a 315-yard drive down the middle of the par-5 10th fairway and he birdied the hole for the perfect start to his attempt to win this tournament for the first time, after three runner-up finishes since 2011.McIlroys short game made up for some errant drives for the rest of his front nine but the spectacular shot on No. 3 proved to be a catalyst. With one foot in the face of a bunker and the other out of the hazard, he had to open the face of his wedge and dig out a shot that landed 12 feet away. It brought the biggest cheer of the day from a sparse crowd at Abu Dhabi Golf Club.Its not a shot I practice a lot, said McIlroy, who holed from 15 feet on No. 4, 10 feet on Nos. 5 and 7 and eight feet on No. 8 for birdies that allowed him to chase down Fowler.The American, who lost out to McIlroy in the British Open and U.S. PGA Championship last year, upstaged his rival by making six birdies in 11 holes starting at No. 15 — his sixth hole. However, Fowler sent his approach at the last through the green, misjudged a flop shot on the way back and missed a 10-foot par putt to slip back level with McIlroy.Second-ranked Henrik Stenson had a double-bogey on his first hole and didnt make any birdies in a 76. Justin Rose shot 73. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

MALMO, Sweden -- As the minutes ticked down on Canadas victory over the United States, the overwhelmingly Canadian crowd of 3,88
PITTSBURGH -- Olli Maattas slap shot beat Michal Neuvirth with less than 2 minutes remaining and the Pittsburgh Penguins rallied

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz