John Elway and the Broncos have used this trait

#1 von zhangzk , 05.12.2019 03:00

"John Elway has found his groove when it comes to the NFL Draft. The last two years Von Miller Jersey White , he and his staff have used their codex to great success for the Denver Broncos — they target captains and leaders on their college teams. So those players are a combination of confident, humble, mature and well-spoken. The first four picks for Elway and the Broncos in this year’s Draft followed that path. Right on cue, Denver employed the same strategy with their two picks in the final rounds on Saturday when it selected linebacker Justin Hollins from Oregon and receiver Juwann Winfree from Colorado. Both were captains on their respective teams and bring those same qualities from college to the Broncos. In terms of Hollins, he brings needed depth to Denver’s edge guys but enough versatility to play inside if Vic Fangio needs it. Hollins can also contribute on special teams. When you add in his ability to create pressure in the passing and running game (14 sacks, 36 tackles for a loss in his career for the Ducks) to forcing turnovers (seven forced fumbles for his career), this is a great pick. Former NFL scout Dan Shonka said Hollins could be the sleeper of the draft for the Broncos. Christoper Hart made a great point when he saw a tweet from Jim Leavitt. Leavitt coached Hollins at Oregon. Leavitt also coached with Fangio during their time together with the San Francisco 49ers. Connections matter. No doubt there was insight from Leavitt to Fangio on Hollins.What will endear Hollins to fans is when he told Andrew Mason, Brandon Krisztal, Mike Rice and Ryan Edwards: “Hopefully I can be a Bronco for the rest of my life.” In terms of Winfree, the pick seemed to catch people off guard given what else was on the board at receiver. But there’s no doubt the fact he played for the Buffs helped. “I know Phillip Lindsay put in a huge word for me with the Broncos,” Winfree told the media after the pick. “That’s my big brother right there.” It never hurts to have Lindsay vouch for you. That, and being a guy who has high upside and will put in the work for Denver. Ryan Koenigsberg noted that over the last two years, 11 out 16 draft picks for the Broncos have been team captains (seven in 2018, four this year). The other five no doubt could have been.After the success of the 2018 draft, Broncos Country and NFL fans wanted to see how Elway and Denver would respond. Well, Elway and the Broncos have now killed it in two-straight drafts. It’s clear the codex they uncovered prior to last year is working to great success. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The Denver Broncos are getting some healthy bodies back at cornerback as they try to win their final two games and avoid the franchise’s first back-to-back losing seasons in 48 years.With Denver out of playoff contention and facing a slew of injuries at the position, the Broncos placed star cornerback Chris Harris Jr. on injured reserve and signed free agent Craig Mager, who was released by the Chargers earlier this season.Harris sustained a chip fracture in his lower right leg two weeks ago and was hoping to return for the Broncos’ final game, Dec. 30 against the Chargers, but that was only if Denver remained in playoff contention.The Broncos (6-8) were eliminated last weekend when they lost 17-16 to the Browns.The Broncos also expect to get Brendan Langley and Isaac Yiadom back from concussions when they visit Oakland (3-11) on Christmas Eve, and they’ll have Bradley Roby back.Roby required five stitches last week after lacerating his chin tackling Nick Chubb.“I could put my tongue through my face, so it was crazy,” Roby said Wednesday. “I’d never seen anything like that. And I was spitting up a lot of blood. It was one of those freak accidents. It’s football. I signed up for it. So, stitched it back up and get back out there.”They’ll also have cornerback Jamar Taylor back. His ejection last weekend left them with only one healthy cornerback in Tremaine Brock, and Cleveland scored its game-winning TD with safeties Justin Simmons and Dymonte Harris forced into route coverage in the fourth quarter.Mager was a third-round pick from Texas State in 2015 who played in 24 career games, 10 starts, with one interception for the Chargers before he was released with an injury settlement in September.“He’s got some physical tools we like. He’s a pretty good (special) teams player Royce Freeman Jersey ,” coach Vance Joseph said. “He was actually in the mix to start for the Chargers before having a major hamstring injury. So, we’ll see. It’s just one more good, young corner that we’ve added to the mix.”Harris, who was named a Pro Bowl alternate this week, moved into the No. 1 cornerback role following Aqib Talib’s trade to the Rams last spring and had another spectacular season before getting hurt two weeks ago.“He had a great year,” Joseph said. “Obviously, his role changed with Aqib leaving, I mean, he was the No. 1 guy all year. Toward the end of the season, he matched the best receiver each week. But he had a great year, leading and playing good football. We’ve missed him, obviously. He’s a great player.”For the first time this season, Roby said he hopes the Broncos re-sign him in the offseason. Roby, who’s making $8.536 million this season, struggled early on in moving from nickel back to starter but came on strong as the season went along.“I want to be here. This is the team that drafted me,” Roby said. “I bought a house here. I love the organization. Why would I want to go anywhere else?”If the Broncos move on, they’re likely to target cornerback in the first or second round of next year’s draft.So, Roby has two more weeks to state his case, beginning with what could be the last NFL game in Oakland.“It’s going to be live out there,” Roby said. “The fans are going to be into it. They’re always into it, especially when they play us. It being Monday night, last game there, I’m sure it’s going to be like a playoff game.”The city of Oakland recently sued the Raiders and the NFL in federal court, asking for damages that will help pay off the approximately $80 million in debt remaining from renovations on the Coliseum. The antitrust lawsuit could push the Raiders to play somewhere else next season before they move to Las Vegas in 2020.Roby, for one, isn’t melancholy about never having to play on the stadium’s dirt baseball infield again.“I hate playing there. Their field is terrible. I’m glad they’re moving,” Roby said. “I’m not sad to see them go at all.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk

The NFC won 41 of the 64 head-to-head matchups against
Adrian Peterson entered Sunday a single yard

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz