CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Mike Leake still thinks of himself as a hitter. [url=http://www.broncosonlinenfl.com/broncos-brendan-langley

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 01.03.2018 08:01

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Mike Leake still thinks of himself as a hitter. Brendan Langley Jersey . Hes even holding a bat on one of his 2014 baseball cards. So far, hes playing like his picture. Leake doubled and hit a two-run homer Tuesday night, ending Gerrit Coles winning streak and leading the Cincinnati Reds to a 7-5 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates that completed two days full of homers and delays. First, the NL Central rivals completed a game that was suspended in the sixth inning because of rain the previous night. Andrew McCutchen doubled and came around on Russell Martins single in the seventh inning, giving the Pirates an 8-7 win. Leake (2-1) gave up three runs and five hits in 6 2-3 innings for a split. The right-hander has won his last four starts against the Pirates. Jonathan Broxton pitched out of a two-on threat in the ninth, converting his first save chance. Leake, who has the most hits by a major league pitcher since 2010, doubled and scored in the third. He hit his third career homer in the sixth off Cole (2-1), who had won his last six starts. His first homer since 2012 showed why the card company decided on a photo of him holding a bat. "And that comes after my worst year hitting," Leake said. "It was bad timing on their part." Reds manager Bryan Price is impressed by how Leake approaches batting practice. Hes not just another pitcher trying to get in a few swings. "He loves the challenge," Price said. "Even when you come out early, hes not just hitting. Hes running the bases and working on little things. "When we give him the green light early in the at-bat, he works on getting a good pitch to hit." Leake got a good one from Cole, who left it up and over the plate. It wasnt the first time that Cole had seen him latch onto a mistake. Cole went to UCLA and faced Leake when he played for Arizona State. "That guys a good hitter as a pitcher," Cole said. "I saw that at Arizona State. He wore us out at the plate. Thats not the first time hes done stuff like that." Todd Frazier hit his second homer in two games, Joey Votto had four hits and Devin Mesoraco had three hits, including a bases-loaded single. Neil Walker hit three of Pittsburghs seven homers in the two games. The teams wore their customary uniforms for the completion of the suspended game, then switched to commemorative No. 42 Jackie Robinson jerseys for the later game, which started 5 minutes later than originally scheduled. Its been a wild series full of downpours, lead changes and home runs. The teams put on a record-setting show Monday night before the game was suspended after six innings tied 7-all. They combined for 10 homers in those six innings, the most for a game in Great American Ball Parks 12 seasons. When play resumed, McCutchen doubled off Sam LeCure (0-1) and came around on a wild pitch and Martins single up the middle, only the second run of the game that didnt come by way of a homer. Bryan Morris (2-0) gave up Mesoracos tying solo homer in the sixth inning Monday night, but was still the pitcher of record. Jason Grilli pitched the ninth for his fourth save in five chances. Pittsburgh had three sets of back-to-back homers before the game was suspended, only the third time thats happened in major league history, according to STATS. The other two times: Cincinnati against the Braves in 1956, and Boston against the Yankees in 1977. Walker and Gaby Sanchez went back-to-back twice, only the second time thats happened in Pirates history. Toby Atwell and Jerry Lynch also went back-to-back twice against the Reds on April 27, 1954, according to STATS. Pittsburgh hit six homers -- all solo shots -- and the Reds had four, all with two outs. NOTES: It was 66 degrees for the first pitch on Monday, 39 degrees when the game resumed. ... Leake has 59 career hits and 12 multihit games. ... Mesoraco is 11 for 22 with three homers and nine RBIs in six games since returning from the DL. ... Pittsburghs six homers in the suspended game were one shy of the club record. The six solo homers were one shy of the major league record. ... The Pirates have 15 homers in their last four games at Great American. They also hit six during an 8-3 win on Sept. 28 that clinched home-field advantage for the NL wild-card playoff, a 6-2 win over Cincinnati at PNC Park. Todd Davis Jersey . Patton told The Baltimore Sun that he took an Adderall pill four days before the season finished, trying to improve his short-term focus. "I took one because I was stupid," Patton told The Sun. Jamaal Charles Jersey . - Christophe Lalancette scored a third-period goal and added the shootout winner to lead the Drummondville Voltigeurs to a 5-4 win over the Quebec Remparts in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Sunday. http://www.broncosonlinenfl.com/broncos-shelby-harris-navy-blue-jersey/ . The roster changes have been constant and continuous since late last year, but even with their 46-man roster set for the start of the season, the banged-up Bombers will be kicking off Week 1 with a handful of fresh faces and back-ups in the starting lineup. NEW YORK -- J.J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent. Nelson Cruz has been hitting homers all season. Cruz hit his 23rd home run, Hardy connected for his first of the year and the Baltimore Orioles beat the New York Yankees 6-1 after starter Bud Norris left with tightness in his right groin. Adam Jones and Steve Pearce also went deep off struggling soft-tosser Vidal Nuno, helping the Orioles rebound after blowing a two-run lead in the ninth inning of a 5-3 loss Friday night. "Big win for us," Hardy said. Cruz and Pearce each had a two-run shot. Hardy ended a drought of 339 at-bats that dated to last September. "It definitely felt nice," he said. "I felt like I forgot how to do it." "I think it probably is a little bit of a relief. I started to question myself if I ever was going to hit one again," Hardy added. Mark Teixeira hit his 12th home run for the Yankees, who had won four straight and eight of 10, but that was all they managed against Norris and three relievers. During a pregame ceremony on the field, former New York first baseman Tino Martinez was honoured with a plaque to be placed in Monument Park. Making his first start against the Yankees, Norris (7-5) allowed three hits in five innings and matched a career high by winning his fourth straight start. He warmed up on the mound for the sixth but was pulled for Ryan Webb, who pitched two scoreless innings. Tommy Hunter got the final five outs. Norris said he felt something "kind of funny" while throwing a fastball in the fifth. "It kind of grabbed on me," he said. "Ive had groin stuff before, especially my left one but not necessarily my right one. Youve got to be real careful with those." "I could see it getting a little worse and I wanted to be smart, but really, hats off to the offence for scoring and to the bullpen for picking me up," Norris added. "Pretty sore right now." Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Norris probably will pitch the night game of a split doubleheader Friday against Tampa Bay, but the right-hander said it was too soon to tell. "Weve got other options, but Im hoping we caught it in time," Showalter said. Pressed into the rotation because of injuries to CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova and Michael Pineda, Nuno (1-4) is having a hhard time with the homer-friendly dimensions at Yankee Stadium. Devontae Booker Jersey. He was rocked in his previous outing in Oakland and is 0-4 since beating the Los Angeles Angels on May 7. "This is what we have. And as I said, its not like theres just starting pitchers lying around out there," New York manager Joe Girardi said, explaining that Nuno will stay in the rotation. "Right now, this is what it is." The left-hander yielded five runs -- four earned -- and six hits in 6 1-3 innings. He allowed three home runs and has served up 13 in 39 1-3 innings this season at home, where he is 0-3 with a 7.09 ERA. "My fastball today, I just left it up too much," Nuno said. "I trusted all my stuff today. No regrets and everything, but they just got to my fastball." Jones hit a solo shot with two outs in the first and drew a leadoff walk in the fourth before Cruz connected. Cruz began the day one home run behind Toronto slugger Edwin Encarnacion for the major league lead. "Hes carried us along a lot of the season," Hardy said. Pearces drive made it 5-1 in the fifth, and Hardy went deep off Jose Ramirez in the eighth for his 159th career homer and first since Sept. 5, 2013, against Jose Quintana of the Chicago White Sox. "We like hitting home runs," Jones said. Back in the dugout, Hardy got the silent treatment. He threw sunflower seeds on himself and was doused with water by Cruz. The two-time All-Star shortstop has hit at least 22 home runs five times, including a career-high 30 with Baltimore in 2011. "Normally I just put my head down and run. This time I kind of watched a little bit to make sure that it got up," Hardy said. "As I was rounding third, I looked into the dugout and no one had moved. So I kind of knew that they were going to sit there." NOTES: Baltimore recalled reliever Brad Brach from Triple-A Norfolk. ... Nuno has allowed 15 homers in 67 1-3 innings overall. ... Pineda (right shoulder muscle) will get another week off after an MRI still showed "a trace of inflammation," Girardi said. ... RHP Masahiro Tanaka (11-1, 1.99 ERA) starts Sundays series finale against Orioles RHP Chris Tillman (5-4, 4.82). Hall of Fame reliever Rich "Goose" Gossage will be honoured with a Monument Park plaque as part of festivities for the 68th annual Old-Timers Day at Yankee Stadium. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

MANAUS, Brazil -- Xherdan Shaqiris hat trick put Switzerland into the second round of the World Cup, and kept coach Ottmar Hitzf
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Mike Leake still thinks of himself as a hitter. [url=http://www.broncosonlinenfl.com/broncos-brendan-langley

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz