For any of those mixed martial arts fans who complain the UFC has been watering down its recent pay-per-view cards, UFC 178 is a

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 02.05.2018 08:09

For any of those mixed martial arts fans who complain the UFC has been watering down its recent pay-per-view cards, UFC 178 is an awfully potent response. Marco Asensio Jersey .The MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas will host several compelling fights Saturday night in a show stacked with prominent names and interesting stories. A touted UFC newcomer, a grudge match, several charismatic stars, an ex-champion on the rebound, a contender returning from tragedy — its all here.Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnsons title defence against Chris Cariaso is the main event, but Johnson (20-2-1) hasnt even been the focus of the promotion.Instead, Vegas and Southern California are festooned with billboards promoting former Bellator star Eddie Alvarezs UFC debut against Donald Cowboy Cerrone, or Irish featherweight sensation Conor McGregors much-hyped meeting with Dustin Poirier.The main card also includes crowd-pleasing middleweights Tim Kennedy and Yoel Romero, along with the return of bantamweight Cat Zingano. Even the deep undercard includes big names to mixed martial arts fans, with Dominick Cruz and Patrick Cote both attempting to kick-start their stalled careers.UFC 178 is stacked even after losing its main event last month. Jon Jones injured his knee while training to defend his light heavyweight belt against Daniel Cormier in the promotions most anticipated upcoming fight, which has been postponed to Jan. 3.The MMA world has been waiting years for Alvarez (25-3) to extricate himself from Bellator, watching the protracted legal conflict that played a role in limiting him to just one fight — a sensational bout with Michael Chandler — in the last two years.I feel like the timing couldnt be better, Alvarez said. I feel like the last 10 years was me building the confidence, learning how to be a champion, losing, winning and just experiencing everything. Now I think Im primed and ready to be on a big stage.The entertaining lightweight from Philadelphia finally got his release last month, and the UFC immediately matched him up with Cerrone (24-6), the beer-drinking, waterskiing good-ol-boy from Colorado who seemingly never has a boring fight.Cerrone even said he has never watched Alvarez fight — a claim that would be greeted skeptically from anybody except Cowboy.Im more excited than the fans, Cerrone said. Hes been a top lightweight for years now. Its not like he has to come here to prove himself.McGregor (15-2) has become a big name in just 18 months with the UFC, and the trash-talking, egocentric Irishmans charismatic personality would be a huge help to the UFCs attempts to promote its lower weight classes — as long as he keeps on winning.Just nine weeks after he stopped Diego Brandao in Dublin, McGregor returns for his biggest test yet against Poirier (16-3), another title contender on a three-fight winning streak. The fighters have traded acerbic verbal jabs for two months.I looked him in the eyes and I saw fear, McGregor said of his staredown with Poirier. I saw a broken man. I could look through his soul when I looked into his eyes. ... I see a basic fighter with a weak chin and a weak heart.Hes a jerk, Poirier said of McGregor. Hes full of himself, and Im going to beat him up, plain and simple.UFC 178 is so stacked that Cruz (19-1), once one of the sports biggest lower-weight stars, is featured in the preliminary fights on Fox Sports 1.Cruz won the WEC bantamweight championship in 2010 and carried it over to the UFC after the promotions merged, but hasnt fought since beating Johnson in October 2011, sidelined by serious injuries to his knee and groin.The 29-year-old Cruz missed three years of his prime with injuries, while Zingano is returning to the cage for the first time since she missed a shot at Ronda Rousey for the womens bantamweight title.Zingano earned it by upsetting Miesha Tate in April 2013, but she injured her knee and returned slowly from a difficult stretch that also included her husbands death in January. If Zingano beats Amanda Nunes, UFC President Dana White says shell be the No. 1 contender for Rouseys belt again.Johnson is a heavy favourite against Cariaso in arguably the biggest mismatch at UFC 178, but Johnson isnt taking his fifth title defence for granted.Im going to go out there and get a win and come out healthy, Johnson said. Custom Real Madrid Jerseys . 1-9 on TSN. With more than 65 hours of exclusive live coverage, TSN delivers all the action beginning with Draw 1 on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2 p. Mateo Kovacic Jersey . QUARTERBACKS Carson Palmer (vs Colts)Last week: 30/42, 419 yards, 2 TDsWinners of their last three and now tied for the final wild card spot in the NFC, the Cardinals are worth keeping an eye on. http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Raphael-Varane-Real-Madrid-Jersey/ . New York (16-9-8) took over first place in the Eastern Conference and has the best record in the league with one game remaining. Houstons five-game unbeaten streak was snapped, and the Dynamo (13-11-9) are sixth in the East with one game remaining.PHILADELPHIA – Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis spoke to Florida Panthers boss Dale Tallon on Thursday morning about the prospects of trading up for the first overall pick in Fridays draft. "But at this point," Nonis said a few hours after the conversation, "I dont think theres a deal there for us." Despite interest in moving up the ladder of the first round – from where they currently stand at eighth overall – Nonis didnt believe the current price-tag fit the bill for his club, particularly if it meant sacrificing young talent. The cost was simply too high. "It is for us," Nonis said of the first overall pick. "It may not be for other teams. I know that Dale is serious about moving it – I think hes happy to keep it as well – but hes not going to give that pick away. "Theres been dialogue, but we havent made any traction and as it stands right now, I would expect that were going to stay at eight." Having hoarded a slew of promising building blocks in recent years (including Aleksander Barkov with the second overall selection in 2013) and with the draft lacking in a consensus, slam-dunk superstar, Tallon is inclined to give up the rights for the top spot. But hes labeled the price for the pick as including a top young player, one who can step right into the Panthers lineup, and perhaps a pick or something of similar value. "Somebody has to knock our socks off for us to make the move," Tallon told TSN recently. In a different draft, Nonis might be prepared to pay that price. He was second in command to Brian Burke at the time of the 2009 draft when Burke spoke openly and aggressively about his pursuit of the first overall pick in a draft that featured star John Tavares. "That price-tag is different than possibly moving up to take the player whos going to go [first] here," Nonis said. Pepe Jersey. "It doesnt mean that the player who goes [first] is not going to be a great player, but those price-tags are different and I think every team in the league would tell you that. Theres a number or a value that we place on moving up and it wouldnt include our top young players, no." Beyond Aaron Ekblad, theres a definite aura of unpredictability at the top of this draft, making the possibility of the Leafs landing a quality asset at eight all the more likely. Toronto has demonstrated a strong inclination toward selecting North American players in recent years, picking just seven Europeans since 2009 and none in the first round since 2006 when Jiri Tlusty was picked 13th overall. They may not be able to land the top centre theyve long desired with the eighth pick – Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Leon Draisaitl all figure to be off the board – but theres potential to add front-line skill at wing, perhaps in the form of Nick Ritchie or Jake Virtanen (Nikolaj Ehlers and William Nylander are both intriguing, but neither seem to fit the current Toronto mold). "This [draft] may not have the superstar at the top, but I think most teams would agree theres some pretty good players in this draft that are going to be useful players on good teams," said Nonis. "Its important when youre picking at eight that you get one of those players." Back in 2008, with Cliff Fletcher minding the helm, Toronto moved up two spots in the draft to land Luke Schenn with the fifth overall pick, sending their first round selection (seventh overall) to the Islanders along with picks in the second and third round. The Leafs selected hulking centre Frederik Gauthier with their top selection a year ago (21st overall), adding Morgan Rielly to their young mix in 2012. Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

He said he felt in sh
CANBERRA, Australia - Star winger Lee Chung-yong has flown home from the Asian Cup due to a shin fracture and is among several c

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz