CHICAGO -- Tyson Ross struck out a career-high 11, and the light-hitting San Diego Padres broke out for a season-best nine runs

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 08.05.2018 10:47

CHICAGO -- Tyson Ross struck out a career-high 11, and the light-hitting San Diego Padres broke out for a season-best nine runs in the sixth inning in a 13-3 rout of the Chicago Cubs on Thursday night. Jonnu Smith Jersey . Ross (9-10) allowed one run, five hits and one walk in six innings to reach a career high in wins. He went 3-2 in five July starts, but gave up just four earned runs in 35 innings. Rene Rivera had three hits, including a home run, and drove in three runs. Will Venable had three hits and two RBIs, and Alexi Amarista and Chris Nelson also drove in two runs apiece with singles in the sixth-inning outburst that gave the Padres their highest scoring output this season. San Diego led 3-1 entering the sixth, but after the first two Padres reached base, Cubs starter Edwin Jackson (5-11) was pulled because of cramping in his right hand and was replaced by Brian Schlitter. The first nine Padres reached as San Diego, which carried an MLB-worst .215 batting average into the game, sent 15 men to the plate. The Padres, who finished with 14 hits, used relievers Tim Stauffer and Nick Vincent to complete the game. Starlin Castro, Luis Valbuena and Chris Coghlan drove in Chicagos runs. Jackson dropped his fourth straight decision over six starts, allowing five runs and seven hits. He hasnt won since June 20 against Pittsburgh. He was followed by five relievers as Chicago lost for the 13th time in 16 games. The Padres tagged Jackson with two quick runs with two outs in the first. The Cubs cut it to 2-1 in the fourth and had runners on second and third with two outs. But Ross fanned John Baker for his eighth strikeout to end the threat. Riveras solo shot to lead off the fifth made it 3-1. National League home run leader Anthony Rizzo swung and missed a 3-2 pitch in the dirt with two out in the fifth to apparently end the inning. But the pitch got away from Rivera, and Rizzo reached first with Arismendy Alcantara taking third. Padres manager Bud Black asked for a review, claiming the batted ball struck Rizzo, but the play was upheld. NOTES: The Padres plan to recall RHP Jesse Hahn and start him in Atlanta on Friday against LHP Alex Wood (7-7). Hahn, 24, is 5-2 in seven starts with San Diego this year. ... Padres rookie Jake Goebbert, a former Northwestern University standout, started in left field after sitting out Wednesday. Goebberts parents own a pumpkin farm in nearby Hampshire, Illinois, and he had a large group of friends and relatives in the stands. ... Cubs C Welington Castillo was rested after drawing boos during Wednesdays 8-3 loss when he didnt run out a comebacker to the pitcher. ... Cubs LHP Travis Wood (7-9,) will face St. Louis RHP Joe Kelly (2-1) on Friday. Corey Davis Jersey . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. Avery Williamson Jersey .com) - The Toronto Maple Leafs will try to play spoiler as the Los Angeles Kings will try to match their longest winning streak in over four years in Thursdays battle at Staples Center. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-33-Brice-Mccain-Womens-Jersey/ . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers winger skated with extras and goalies today.Brooke Henderson was hoping to just make the cut at the U.S. Womens Open. Instead, the 16-year-old from Smiths Falls, Ont., left Pinehurst No. 2 as the low amateur in one of the biggest tournaments in womens golf. “Theres a lot of great amateurs that qualified here this week at the U.S. Open,” said Henderson after finishing up with a 69 in the final round. “I mean, tied 11 right now is where I stand and thats great. Coming in, I was trying to make the cut and then climb up the leaderboard, and I was able to do that. So Im very happy.” Henderson actually ended up tied for 10th, a significant finish as it gives her a spot in next years tournament. After 13 holes, she was three under for her day and tied for fifth spot, but a double bogey on the 16th dropped her back. She finished up the tournament at five over par. “My ball striking was really big for me today,” said Henderson. “I made two mistakes off the tee which cost me a double and a bogey, but other than that, I was hitting it really well and had a couple tap-in birdies, which is reeally nice. Marcus Mariota Jersey. ” Henderson said she found the course extremely tough in the early going, and was almost intimidated by it. But she found her stride as the week went on and was especially good off the tee, hitting 48 of 56 fairways for the week. The big prize for the week came as Henderson earned the medal as the low amateur, besting Minjee Lee of Australia, the No. 1-ranked amateur in the world. It also gave the Team Canada member a wealth of confidence in where she wants to be. “The best players in the world are here and to know that Im right up there, its really awesome,” she stated. “I still have a long way to go to where I want to be in the next couple years, but its really exciting to know that I have the potential and it was a great finish here this week.” Henderson has a busy summer ahead of her. Shell play in the Canadian Amateur July 22-25, the U.S. Womens Amateur Aug. 4-10, and the CP Canadian Womens Open Aug. 18-24. She will also play for Canada at the World Team Amateur Golf Championships in early September. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.rockiesapparelsshop.com/nolan-arenado-jersey-c-10/]Nolan Arenado Jersey[/url] .com
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Derick Brassard and Derek Stepan scored third-period goals, and Henrik Lundqvist made 25 saves to lead the New

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz