SAN FRANCISCO -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers would prefer to be talking about how well Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jorda

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 05.06.2018 09:38

SAN FRANCISCO -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers would prefer to be talking about how well Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan have played against the Golden State Warriors. Utah Jazz Jerseys . Or how his team has defended Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. Or just about anything that has happened on the court in the first-round playoff series. Instead, Rivers and his players spent Saturday talking about how they would respond to an audio recording of a man identified as Clippers owner Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend not to bring black people to games. "The fact that I had to spend 45 minutes in a meeting instead of watching film did not make me happy," Rivers said. Whether the comments -- which drew sharp criticism and calls for action from around the NBA -- effect the Clippers in Game 4 against the Warriors is all that worries Rivers right now. Los Angeles leads the series 2-1 and has looked every bit like a championship contender in winning the past two games. Chasing a title is the reason Rivers said players decided against protesting or even boycotting the game. They want to win for each other, he said, and not for Sterling or anyone else. "For me, I want to focus on my guys. I came here for them. They came here for each other. Our goals have not changed," Rivers said passionately after the Clippers practice at the University of San Francisco. "Its like one of the players said, Hey, when I was a kid, I had a goal to win a world championship. It was to do that. It wasnt to win a world championship for someone." Clippers point guard Chris Paul, the president of the National Basketball Players Association, released a statement through the union that said "this is a very serious issue which we will address aggressively." Paul and Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin declined further comment on the issue after practice. Other players were not made available as Rivers said he would speak for the team. "A lot of guys voiced their opinions. None of them were happy about it," Rivers said. "This was a situation where were trying to go after something very important for us, something that weve all dreamed about all our childhoods. Donald or anyone else had nothing to do with that dream, and were not going to let anything get in the way of those dreams." Sterling, a real estate owner who has a decades-long history of alleged discrimination and offensive behaviour, made his team the centre of NBA attention for all the wrong reasons again. In a recording posted on TMZs website, a man reported to be Sterling questions his girlfriends association with minorities. Clippers President Andy Roeser said in statement that the team did not know if the tape is legitimate or has been altered. Roeser also said the views expressed on the recording do not reflect Sterlings beliefs and that the woman on the tape -- identified by TMZ as V. Stiviano -- "is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would get even." Sterling has not commented on the situation. Left in the aftermath was Rivers and his players facing more than 50 reporters at the Clippers practice Saturday. A day earlier, only about a dozen were at the teams hotel for the interview session. Most players ignored the added attention. Jamal Crawford looked over and laughed. Hedo Turkoglu jokingly shouted and smiled as he attempted shots. All that the hoopla meant for the Clippers as a team, Rivers said, was one monumental "distraction" before its biggest game of the season. "In a weird way, Im sure Golden State is having a ball right now because were not talking about them," Rivers said. Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who played for the Clippers from 1992-94, said "theres no place" for Sterlings alleged remarks but his team would remain focused on the game. His players echoed those sentiments, saying they wouldnt be deterred by one mans beliefs -- no matter how offensive. Rivers also said the audio recording would not serve as motivation for his team. "Were playing Golden State, and Golden State is our enemy right now," Rivers said. "Thats where were going to keep it, and thats where we want to keep it." Jonas Jerebko Jersey Pete Maravich Jersey . The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. http://www.officialjazzproauthentic.com/Authentic-Karl-Malone-Jazz-Jersey/ . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups.Justin Rose is refusing to give up hope of a maiden Masters after superb back nines kept him within touching distance of the leaders. Rose began the day an two-over-par and after an early birdie at three would have had high hopes of moving up the leaderboard.However playing in the afternoons blustery conditions the Englishman made the turn in 40 shots, finding himself at six-over the the championship. Rose is made of sterner stuff and a tremendous back nine including four birdies saw him card a one-over par 73 to leave him in the clubhouse at three over par. Oosthuizen on Augusta battles Louis Oosthuizen reflects on his third round 71 I had no choice but to hang in there, the game has felt incredibly hard over the last couple of days, Rose told Sky Sports.I played the first three holes really well today and I felt good about my game. Its been really tough to judge the wind and any time I have found myself outside 30 feet, Ive been having a hard time gauging the speed.You feel like being bounced around in the wind and that distorts the process as you are really just trying to stay solid with the putter.With the conditions looking like easing for the later starters, Rose knows he is up against adding to his 2013 US Open title but he will not give up without a fight. I was really happy to dig in, and to come back in 33, setting myself up for a good run at it tomorrow, Rose added.We had [the weather] pretty tough all day and then on the last three holes were were wondering if the wind was beginning to lay down and both Jamie and I looked at each other a bit disheartened that the wind had died down.At this stage when you are three over you are looking at the leaders being four or five under par and thinking you need a little bit of help to maybe stay within five.But with the conditions maybe easing up they are probably going to put a bit more distance between me and them so it might be a bit of an uphill struggle tomorrow but I will come out swinging. Lee Westwoodd produced a fabulous run of four birdies in his final seven holes Another man out to make a move on Sunday will be Lee Westwood, the Englishman shot a fine round of 71, one of just two early starters to go under par for the day. Rodney Hood Jersey. A blistering back nine leaves him at one over par and in the mix for Sunday after recovering from a slow start to finish with four birdies in his final seven holes.Even when i was three over through 11 holes I wasnt doing that much wrong, Westwood told Sky Sports. Four birdies on the back nine left Lee Westwood on one over giving him an outside chance of victory tomorrow I just had to keep hanging in there and wait for the birdie chances to come. I hit a lovely nine-iron into 12 to about four feet and then knocked it close on 13 and knocked it to about four feet again with a nine-iron on 14.I then left it hanging on the edge on 17 and made a nice one on 18 so it was nice way to finish the round and give myself a chance for tomorrow.Its an inspiring place - the more you play it the more you learn. Im trying to hang in there and edge up the leaderboard for when Sunday comes. Also See: Masters: Ways to watch Masters leaderboard WATCH: Boxy behind the scenes Oosthuizen: 71 feels like 66 Black China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ARLINGTON, Texas -- There are no scoring debates when Red Sox slugger David Ortiz hits towering home runs and scorching liners i
England midfielder Jordan Henderson reckons Gareth Southgate has developed the squad since taking charge on a temporary basis in

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz