jured Marine veteran on

#1 von panxing18 , 16.08.2018 10:35

While Josh Gordon's away Authentic Ian Thomas Jersey , the Browns may launch Plan B with their wide receivers.

Dez Bryant is on their radar.

As they await clarity on Gordon's cloudy situation, Cleveland general manager John Dorsey said Wednesday the team has discussed signing Bryant, the former Dallas star released by the Cowboys in April.

Gordon is missing the start of training camp as part of his treatment to battle drug and alcohol addictions, and the team does not known when 鈥?or if 鈥?the 27-year-old will be back.

Dorsey said he "absolutely" expects Gordon to return in 2018.

"I'm going to respect Josh's privacy and I will continue to say that and let him do what he has to do moving forward," Dorsey said. "Then, when he comes back, we'll embrace him, that's how we're going to do it."

In the meantime, the Browns have interest in Bryant, a three-time Pro Bowler and one of the game's top playmakers since 2010.

"He's a very talented player," Dorsey said. "Have we had discussions about Dez Bryant? Yeah, that's natural. You're going to have discussions like that. Now, we'll see what comes to fruition in the next couple days Martinas Rankin Color Rush Jersey , but we've talked about it. You have to talk about these things."

Especially given Gordon's track record.

Despite his numerous missteps, the Browns are standing by the talented receiver. They believe Gordon has turned his life around and are counting on the former Pro Bowler, who has played just 10 games since 2013 due to numerous NFL drug violations, to help this season.

Dorsey doesn't know when Gordon will return, and the club changed his roster designation from the non-football illness list to "did not report" so it would have roster flexibility.

"Josh is 100 percent committed to the Cleveland Browns," Dorsey said. "The Cleveland Browns are 100 percent committed to him. He's had a great offseason. He's had great training. So you know what, let's just see what happens here. Let's see what happens. All I care about is let's respect his privacy. Let's see him move forward."

An NFL spokesman said earlier this week that Gordon has not been suspended again, and that there is no timetable on his return.

However, both Dorsey and coach Hue Jackson refused to answer whether they've received assurances from the league that Gordon is not facing further discipline.

On the eve of his third training camp, Jackson, who has not spoken with Gordon, wanted the focus on his available players.

"Obviously we'd like to have all of our players here. But at the same time we know things do come up," he said. "And I think as a staff we prepared for anything and everything. I think in my going on three years here I've seen it all. So I'm not surprised by anything that can happen. I think if we make it more than what it is.

"You're talking about a young man that's doing everything he can to put himself in the best position to be better in his life. And I think that's great for Josh. At the same time we have a football team to get ready Brandon McCarthy Jersey , and that's what we're going to do. All we can really worry about are the guys that are here and coach the guys that are here and get them better 鈥?鈥攁nd when Josh is ready to return he'll return."

With Gordon's status unclear, Dorsey said the team is considering Bryant, who is looking for a fresh start.

The 29-year-old developed into one of the league's most physical receivers during eight seasons with Dallas. He had three seasons of more than 1,200 yards receiving and led the NFL with 16 touchdowns in 2014.

However, he came up short of living up to the five-year, $70 million contract he signed four years ago. Bryant battled an assortment of injuries before the Cowboys let him go to gain salary-cap space.

Bryant has had some off-field issues, though nothing to Gordon's level, and his fiery temperament led to some well-publicized sideline rants. But with Cleveland's receiving corps reduced by Gordon's absence and a season-ending neck injury to Ricardo Louis, the Browns may be willing to overlook any baggage.

"I look at Dez as a very competitive, passionate person," said Dorsey, who has known Bryant for years. "That's how I look at a Dez Bryant."

NOTES: Rookie CB Denzel Ward signed his contract and reported in time for Thursday's first practice. Ward was the last unsigned player in Cleveland's rookie class. Top pick Baker Mayfield signed his $32 million deal Tuesday night. ... Dorsey and Jackson reiterated they will not rush Mayfield and that Tyrod Taylor is the club's starting quarterback.
Joe Mixon took a handoff from Andy Dalton and found the hole off right guard for a 25-yard run in the first quarter of a game at Pittsburgh on Oct. 22. The Bengals lost 29-14, falling to 2-4. For Mixon Youth Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey , it would be the longest run of his rookie season.

That's not what Cincinnati expected when it took a public relations hit and drafted Mixon in the second round last year.

But it wasn't only Mixon who came up short. Giovani Bernard had a pair of 25-yard runs as his best efforts. The Bengals' running game finished last in the league with those 25-yard runs as their longest from scrimmage.

The Bengals' running game was one of the worst in their history. In four games, the running backs failed to produce a run of at least 10 yards. Andy Dalton had a 25-yard scramble in one game that matched the biggest gain on the ground all season.

"I'm glad it's a new year," Mixon said. "We definitely are going to make that up, for sure. I can tell you that now."

Mixon is going to be leading the way.

The Bengals were so enamored of his ability to catch passes as well as break long runs that they took him in the second round of the draft, knowing they'd get a public backlash . He was suspended for his freshman season at Oklahoma for punching a woman in the face.

He made little impact as a rookie, sharing time with Jeremy Hill. His only noteworthy game was a 114-yard effort over winless Cleveland on Nov. 26. He had 96 yards in the final game against Baltimore.

Unhappy with the results, Mixon changed his diet in the offseason and lost 12 pounds, getting back to his playing weight at Oklahoma. He's looked good in training camp at 216 pounds, with coach Marvin Lewis singling him out for praise on Wednesday.

"I've been excited about Joe Mixon and what he's doing," Lewis said.

Hill left as a free agent after the season, leaving Mixon and Bernard to share the bulk of the plays at running back. Coordinator Bill Lazor has redesigned the playbook to fit their ability to catch passes as well as run the ball.

"He knows we both can do anything," Bernard said. "It's not the situation of a first-down back or a second-down back or third-down, it's none of that. It's just plug-and-play."

The biggest problem with the running game last season was the offensive line Youth Miami Dolphins Jerseys , which provided little room to run. The Bengals made it their overriding priority in the offseason, trading with Buffalo for left tackle Cordy Glenn and drafting Ohio State center Billy Price in the first round.

"There's been a lot of urgency within the offensive line to get things moving, and it shows," Bernard said.

GIO'S DONATION: Bernard helped his future mother-in-law donate a van to an injured Marine veteran on Tuesday, the team's day off. Bernard drove the van 鈥?owned by his future mother-in-law 鈥?during his rookie season.

"It was obviously hard to see it go, but it was fun to see it go to a family that needs it," Bernard said.

CLEARED TO PRACTICE: Linebacker Brandon Bell passed a physical on Wednesday and was cleared to practice. He was limited for the first five days of camp.

PLAY OF THE DAY: Tyler Boyd reached over cornerback Darqueze Dennard for a catch in the corner of the end one during a goal-line drill, drawing cheers from teammates. He also made a slick over-the-middle catch during an 11-on-11 drill. Boyd was slowed by a knee injury last season and finished with only 22 catches in 10 games.

NO TELLING: Lewis declined to say whether Tyler Eifert would play in any preseason games. The tight end is coming off his second back procedure and was cleared to practice on Monday.

panxing18  
panxing18

nces of him joining up with close
ing an NFC Championship rematch

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz